Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
BS or bust - TESU BS in Data Science and Analytics
#55
(07-29-2019, 02:52 PM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote: Understandable!

Grad cert - https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/grad-certifi...-analytics

Risk Simulation and Queuing
3 credits
Predictive Analytics 1 – Machine Learning Tools: Python
- or -
Predictive Analytics 1 – Machine Learning Tools: R
3 credits
DSI-610 Optimization – Linear Programming
3 credits
DSI-621 Integer and Nonlinear Programming and Network Flow
3 credits

Statistics.com Certs: https://www.statistics.com/specializations/

Optimization Cert -
pick 3 of 4:
Optimization- Linear Programming
Integer and Nonlinear Programming and Network Flow
Risk Simulation and Queuing
Financial Risk Modeling

Predictive Analytics Cert -
Predictive Analytics 1: Machine Learning Tools
Predictive Analytics 2: Neural Nets and Regression
Predictive Analytics 3: Dimension Reduction, Clustering and Association Rules

HTH!

Danielle

That's interesting! Strangely enough, I'd be eligible for the Predictive Analytics Cert before this year ends. Just wondering though, is the Optimization Cert really only three courses? I can't seem to find where it says that on the statistics.com website, but if that's true, I would be eligible for that as well!

Risk Simulation and Queuing is the only course out of everything you've listed above that I have not taken yet. I wouldn't mind taking it either especially since I'm highly interested in the use of Data Science/Analytics for financial applications, but I'm just not sure if I want to pay $500+ for another course since I also need to save up for my Master's  :/
BS in Data Science & Analytics and BA in Computer Science and Mathematics at TESU (June 2019 to June 2020)
In-progress:
MS in Cybersecurity at NYU (January 2021 to December 2022?)
MCIT in Information Security and Assurance at NAU (September 2020 to March 2021)
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: BS or bust - TESU BS in Data Science and Analytics - by amaquiling - 07-29-2019, 05:02 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question The Final Frontier: Capstone LIB-4970 or LIB-4950 for BACS and TESU's Recent Changes animuscerebri 24 11,152 10-01-2026, 08:17 PM
Last Post: justsomeguy
  UK-based, 25yr IT pro, planning TESU BS Cybersecurity — plan sanity check smilingbuddha 4 1,634 09-26-2026, 12:31 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  TESU BACS Interested justsomeguy 3 490 09-21-2026, 01:56 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Information TESU Introduces Accelerated Courses (4-week format) animuscerebri 25 5,521 09-21-2026, 01:18 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU BSAT APS 400, 401 402 Alts? EvilSandman 3 2,197 09-20-2026, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Phracker Jacks
  TESU Bachelor Data Analytics after Statistics.com is gone homeschoolmom1 1 360 09-14-2026, 03:57 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  TESU Foreign Language BA resistk 13 5,496 09-09-2026, 10:46 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU Foreign Language B.A. -- degree planning help degreedude80 6 555 09-09-2026, 10:01 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU ILA to BA degree - apply now or wait? degreedude80 9 756 09-09-2026, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Sunny21
  Coursera Google Advanced Data Analytics Professional Certificate jazzcat 1 397 08-29-2026, 11:09 AM
Last Post: matycon

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)