Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Columbia Southern University - LifePace Learning
#5
(09-16-2019, 04:00 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 03:03 PM)sanantone Wrote: I'm used to seeing a minimum amount of time, but I thought 10 weeks was kind of short. I think I've come across one school that has 8 to 16-week self-paced courses, but they are offered within traditional semesters. This is why their courses qualify for financial aid. The combination of LifePace charging per credit hour, not qualifying for financial aid, and charging extra after 10 weeks is just off-putting to me.

BYU gives students one year to complete a course, and I've seen many other schools give 6 months or an entire semester.

10 weeks is short, and it's hard to figure out the fees for going over.  Finally found it:
15 days $25
30 days $50
60 day $100
YIKES!

You also have to pay proctoring fees yourself (either ProctorNow or test center fees).

At $230/cr, the cost isn't terrible, especially if it was an RA school.  Instead, you're better off doing ACE/NCCRS...

Columbia Southern University bought the regionally accredited Waldorf College (now Waldorf University), so students can transfer credits there. They also have articulation agreements with some RA colleges, but I agree. You'd be better off doing ACE or NCCRS. More schools would probably accept those credits. LOL.
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Columbia Southern University - LifePace Learning - by sanantone - 09-16-2019, 04:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  China Cuts 12,200 University Programs, Replaces Many With AI Degrees LevelUP 3 1,081 09-25-2026, 11:57 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  university of michigan goes pass/fail for first semester freshman bluebooger 2 643 08-13-2026, 11:36 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  How Becoming Comfortably Uncomfortable Unlocks Learning LevelUP 0 369 06-30-2026, 06:47 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Restricting Social Media and AI for Young People: Effects on Learning and Networking? Jonathan Whatley 13 1,837 06-13-2026, 10:19 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Ashford University ladylearner 7 2,359 05-28-2026, 11:21 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  John Bear, 1938-2026, Author of Bear’s Guide to Distance Learning Jonathan Whatley 14 2,666 05-27-2026, 08:13 AM
Last Post: msganti
  CodeSignal’s University Ranking Report Reveals Higher Ed’s Blind Spot LevelUP 1 1,150 04-30-2026, 07:57 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  International Open University in The Gambia sal1820 2 3,777 04-07-2026, 07:51 PM
Last Post: DoctorHAK
  Underrated University chopliver2 20 11,760 02-13-2026, 02:11 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  I completed my bachelors at Newlane University. This was my experience. Jakehazex21 0 4,658 12-31-2025, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Jakehazex21

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)