Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Need advice on Study.com and WGU courses
#6
(11-20-2019, 01:40 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I would probably take as many courses as you can to make it so that you finish at WGU in 2 terms.  You have $6000 from FAFSA, and with the $2000 scholarship you can get ($500/term), that will put you at just over $3000/term.  So, if it takes you 2 terms to finish it will be covered with very little out of pocket.

So, do Study.com, do the 7 courses you can finish by the end of the 2nd month with them (I'd include Stats and Org Behavior if possible), and then start at WGU with at least 60cr, more if you can get those.

If you can make it so that everything you take at WGU is computer-related, I think it will be easier to get through than skipping all around to various subjects.  Get those GE's done through Study.com.

Thank you, I liked it how you said that "it will be easier to get through than skipping all around to various subjects"
That should be the primary reason that I should consider, it would be easier if I can just focus on the IT AOS courses instead of skimming through the GenEds and AOS.

(11-20-2019, 07:48 AM)jsh1138 Wrote: I would take as much as you can from Study.com before you transfer over

Thanks!
Since the advice was to take as much courses at Study.com
I am assuming that the cost of taking as much courses would benefit me by finishing within 2 Terms right.
So the cost of taking an additional 7 SDC courses is better than taking another term at WGU even if its covered with Pell Grant.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Need advice on Study.com and WGU courses - by nosideedison - 11-20-2019, 07:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What courses would you like to see on Sophia/SDC/etc? Robson 61 13,083 10-07-2026, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Meta Courses Renewed Mint Berry Crunch 3 298 10-05-2026, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  UPI Study Phracker Jacks 2 395 09-29-2026, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Phracker Jacks
  1 Free Course at UPI Study (Code: FREECOURSE) & Discount $450 Lifetime Plan Ends 9/7 Captainrekt000 12 2,240 09-23-2026, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  credit transfer of the course HTY 108 in study.com to UMPI ScholarX 0 329 09-11-2026, 11:49 AM
Last Post: ScholarX
Lightbulb New courses on Sophia daydream 3 970 08-18-2026, 08:18 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  STUDY UPDATE – COURSE CHANGES (EFFECTIVE AUGUST 5, 2026) cramnooch 5 1,737 08-03-2026, 09:57 AM
Last Post: cramnooch
  New Study.com Course Generative AI: Real-World Skills LevelUP 1 854 08-01-2026, 12:57 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
Lightbulb Anyone use UPI Study? eyrobinson 25 14,473 07-02-2026, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  New Sophia Courses Physics, Principles of Leadership, Digital Literacy, Intro to Ed LevelUP 5 1,266 07-01-2026, 12:09 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)