Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Walden MHA tempo learning journey
#5
(06-28-2020, 02:00 PM)yrot21 Wrote:
(05-14-2020, 05:00 PM)Sparklette Wrote: I'm a little over a month into the program and officially ~10% through, although it will jump to over 25% in the next week. I realized after starting that my plan to go with topics I know best doesn't work as well as I expected. Some modules have prerequisites, like Global Health. I originally was under the impression it was just the capstone that did, but there are a handful of others.
I quickly realized of the assessment types that the 'selected response' or multiple choice assessments are my nemesis, so decided to fight my way through all of those first. They tend to be worth 3/4 of a credit. I'm better at the assessments that require writing.
Some of the learning resources are out of date and the links don't go to the expected pages. You can usually find the intended document with google or ask the module's SME. Apparently the program is in the midst of being updated.this is mostly an issue with the selected response assessments, especially when asking about current statistics.
Walden provides the online version of Microsoft word and such, which is needed to complete assessments. I kind of despise the online version, though, and have been downloading the documents to use the old school software version on one of my laptops. All the textbooks are made available free to read online in the platform, but there are a couple you might want to spring for physical copies of, if you don't enjoy reading a computer screen for hours.
Happy to answer any specific questions or I'll post more rambling thoughts soon

I'm about to start the MS in General Psychology (TEMPO), and I was wondering if you have any updates?  Do you believe this program can be finished in a year or less?  
Also, how do monthly payments work (if that is what you do)?

Could you tell me why you chose general psychology? I've been thinking about general vs counselling and I still can't decide.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Walden MHA tempo learning journey - by Sparklette - 04-04-2020, 05:25 PM
RE: Walden MHA tempo learning journey - by yrot21 - 06-28-2020, 02:00 PM
RE: Walden MHA tempo learning journey - by romoh - 06-28-2020, 03:02 PM
RE: Walden MHA tempo learning journey - by yrot21 - 06-28-2020, 05:16 PM
RE: Walden MHA tempo learning journey - by yrot21 - 06-29-2020, 07:05 AM
RE: Walden MHA tempo learning journey - by ss20ts - 06-28-2020, 02:07 PM
RE: Walden MHA tempo learning journey - by xspect - 06-29-2020, 11:06 AM
RE: Walden MHA tempo learning journey - by yrot21 - 06-29-2020, 11:09 AM
RE: Walden MHA tempo learning journey - by yrot21 - 02-11-2021, 10:32 PM
Walden MHA tempo learning journey - by Kab - 02-12-2021, 06:43 AM
RE: Walden MHA tempo learning journey - by yrot21 - 02-13-2021, 07:53 AM
RE: Walden MHA tempo learning journey - by Seagull - 02-24-2021, 08:44 AM
Walden MHA tempo learning journey - by pkmoose - 02-24-2021, 08:46 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Journey - UK Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership OtterDen 14 13,606 06-30-2026, 09:58 AM
Last Post: kb24bi8
  HAU vs. Walden MBA Mint Berry Crunch 15 2,422 05-29-2026, 03:51 PM
Last Post: SpartacusPM
  Has anyone here done the "digital nomad" lifestyle while pursuing distance learning? EliEverIsAHero 1 718 04-11-2026, 12:04 PM
Last Post: mcjon77
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 38 15,743 03-11-2026, 11:19 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 35 33,574 01-26-2026, 04:18 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Leaving Walden - best PhD/DBA move? Celerity 2 2,176 01-13-2026, 01:47 PM
Last Post: Celerity
  Capella vs Walden for CBE Masters wow 13 5,881 12-26-2025, 05:58 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Walden Alums? TINASAM 7 2,119 09-22-2025, 08:17 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  DBA in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning - Walsh College - 12.5K USD bjcheung77 30 40,950 06-08-2025, 03:06 PM
Last Post: PhDIT
  Walden Tempo Learning Fees - Changes March 2025 bjcheung77 4 8,898 02-18-2025, 11:58 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)