Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Udacity Intro to Cybersecurity nanodegree
#6
(07-30-2020, 02:41 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 01:34 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 01:20 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: I didnt go through WGU programs.  But i guess they have smth in cybersecurity. Also as i understood they require Udacity certification for some degrees. I mean maybe it could be applied to  WGU cybersecurity in future. Just guess

I haven't seen any WGU degrees that require a Udacity certification. Maybe if you don't have any prior coursework or work experience in the IT industry they're suggesting potential students to get a Udacity certificate. My husband is considering a WGU IT degree and we've been researching their IT degrees like crazy. Udacity isn't the cheapest thing out there. I looked at it this week and it was $399 a month.

https://www.wgu.edu/online-it-degrees/it...tions.html

There's a udacity nanodegree required for the data science degree. That's the only one. I don't think it's wise to go for an expensive cyber security nano degree based on speculation that it might be part of a WGU degree. There are many cyber security certs from a few different organizations that are industry recognized and transfer in to WGU, so I'd consider those first.

https://www.wgu.edu/admissions/transfers...tions.html

But you're earning it as part of the degree. It's not required to get into the school. Many of WGU's degrees come with certifications that you do along the way. They're not required to attend the school. 

My husband has been looking at this degree and didn't see anything about Udacity on it a few months ago. I wonder how long this has been in play. I know from this forum that they made some major changes to the business degrees this year.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Udacity Intro to Cybersecurity nanodegree - by ss20ts - 07-30-2020, 02:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TEEX FEMA Cybersecurity Ace Credits Student0fLif3 6 2,282 08-25-2025, 01:10 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Udacity & AWS AI & ML Scholarship bjcheung77 1 2,366 02-01-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: evenFair23
  50% off Black Friday sale Udacity Imbanewbie 0 1,532 11-18-2023, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Upgrad looking at majority stake in Udacity bjcheung77 0 1,288 07-14-2023, 01:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cybersecurity Upskilling Alpha 3 2,186 06-11-2023, 02:45 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  edx - Ec Council- Professional Certificate in Cybersecurity Essentials Imbanewbie 5 4,177 02-24-2023, 01:41 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Intro to Criminal Justice & Speech Communication midnite123 11 4,023 01-04-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: karenkresgs
  Free Cybersecurity bootcamp by Tulane University nyvrem 13 5,771 08-23-2022, 06:54 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Intro to Sociology Jennr2z 8 3,633 05-11-2022, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  Is it a good idea to step into cybersecurity domain after graduting from management? rishu 7 3,309 01-06-2022, 12:10 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)