Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
No Prior Credits / Study.com
#5
@outdoorlife777 - from one 77 to another 77, oh wait, you have an extra 7, I'm jealous! how could you!
Anyways... Since several members have something helpful to say, I'll add mine too!
You should keep your options open to the Big 3 and also the Competency Based Degree providers such as Brandman/WGU.

1) Tip: Get a second monitor (I have a laptop + small monitor), it's so much easier navigating the course work with the online textbooks.
2) Focus solely on your Sophia.org courses until you get them done, take your time, don't rush, note these do not provide letter grades.
3) Once done, decide on your BALS (Area of Study), there are several options, I recommend the basic general concentration option.
4) Choose your ACE provider for these AOS courses, maybe Coopersmith, Davar, InstantCertCredit, Study.com, TEEX, etc
5) Regularly update this thread with questions, create your own spreadsheet with your degree plan paste it in a reply

Note: I understand cost maybe a factor, but you should also look at ease and speed to finish, I rarely recommend Saylor now because of the way their courses are made,
I would recommend a mix of cheap/easy/fast to get you the best value. I mean, paying slightly more for a Davar course may be easier/faster and thus a little less headache.

You may wan to view my signature for an example template, but change the courses around so they don't use StraighterLine but mainly Sophia.org/Study.com, etc.
I highly suggest getting the CSM Learn for math, TEEX Cybersecurity for free electives and Death Investigation courses as it's a non proctored Upper Level course.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3RTJ3I9
UPI Study https://www.upistudy.com/?ref=f6bc41

Pre-Med Online, MSc Biomedical Sciences (Starting Jan 2026)
In Progress: UoPeople BS Health Science

Completed: UMPI BAS & MAOL (2025)
TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Reply


Messages In This Thread
No Prior Credits / Study.com - by outdoorlife777 - 08-27-2020, 10:53 AM
RE: No Prior Credits / Study.com - by openair - 08-27-2020, 10:59 AM
RE: No Prior Credits / Study.com - by rachel83az - 08-27-2020, 11:05 AM
RE: No Prior Credits / Study.com - by ss20ts - 08-27-2020, 11:57 AM
RE: No Prior Credits / Study.com - by bjcheung77 - 08-27-2020, 12:32 PM
RE: No Prior Credits / Study.com - by ss20ts - 08-27-2020, 12:49 PM
RE: No Prior Credits / Study.com - by rachel83az - 08-27-2020, 02:33 PM
RE: No Prior Credits / Study.com - by allvia - 08-27-2020, 01:42 PM
RE: No Prior Credits / Study.com - by ss20ts - 08-27-2020, 02:35 PM
RE: No Prior Credits / Study.com - by rachel83az - 08-27-2020, 02:39 PM
RE: No Prior Credits / Study.com - by ss20ts - 08-27-2020, 02:41 PM
RE: No Prior Credits / Study.com - by allvia - 08-27-2020, 04:45 PM
RE: No Prior Credits / Study.com - by ss20ts - 08-27-2020, 04:51 PM
RE: No Prior Credits / Study.com - by bjcheung77 - 08-27-2020, 02:44 PM
RE: No Prior Credits / Study.com - by ss20ts - 08-27-2020, 03:57 PM
RE: No Prior Credits / Study.com - by TwinMom - 08-28-2020, 07:46 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should I take some Study.com courses before applying to UMPI for BA in Psych? Ariadne 3 1,087 07-30-2026, 05:34 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  UMPI BLS + Accounting Minor — What Other Minors Can I Add with My Transfer Credits? [email protected] 7 3,339 06-26-2026, 10:12 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Review credits and help with selecting credits BR3_26 3 773 06-23-2026, 09:00 AM
Last Post: WDue
  Max transfer credits Heniheni 1 1,039 03-05-2026, 09:12 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Transferred in 90 credits to UMPI. Which of these 3 degrees should I choose? mriern99 4 1,730 03-05-2026, 08:47 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  2nd Bachelors, tons of RA credits. TradeFederationSupporter2 1 971 02-28-2026, 01:48 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question (Help) TEEX credits & Credly – international student question (UMPI) pumi 2 1,399 02-03-2026, 01:09 AM
Last Post: pumi
  Degree plan for 120 RA credits, TESU Biology BA & WGU BSN FloridaMan 13 3,824 12-24-2025, 01:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Quickest route to Bach with lots of transfer credits Petlady 15 5,109 12-06-2025, 08:24 AM
Last Post: wow
  Doctorate that will accept generous transfer credits from my Master's? EliEverIsAHero 6 2,581 11-23-2025, 06:48 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)