Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
When to send transcripts from Sophia or SDC to TESU
#65
(09-27-2020, 04:30 AM)ashkir Wrote: Are there any penalties for not completing the 1 credit course or TECEP to get active?

policies on tecep https://www.tesu.edu/degree-completion/t...ntact-info

This is my experience with signing up for a tecep but not taking it. just like it says in the policy. shows up somewhere as NT (not taken). no GPA impact.  No transcript impact. no refund.
Check your evaluation to see how many credits per 12 months you need to do to stay active. Using the 1 credit tecep may not meet that issue whether or not you take the exam.


Now the long version of my story.
Benefit: Signing up for it let me receive more than 2 evaluations and to get some UL courses preapproved since I was considered an enrolled student.
Instead of taking the tecep, I continued to work on my lower and upper level credits and got those courses evaluated.
Penalty: out the money of the tecep, but in my mind I rolled that cost into the application process to receive the extra evaluations and course approvals while getting to the 114 mark.

I did not take the tecep. Grade wise, nothing happened. It does not show up on my transcript (that I can see on online student services). It is not on my evaluation anymore either now that the term is over. No penalty I can see. just like the policy link says. (I had access to my state's research libraries so that wasn't an issue for me to write papers for UL at SDC. I'm not in jersey)

I’m still in the 12 months since my initial application. After the tecep term, I finished my UL and was schedule wise ready for SOS 110. I am in that now and will finish it with good grade. So, I know I’m good to go for meeting my 3 credits per 12 months minimum. planning on capstone to happen during the first 12 months after initial application, but that's not relevant.

What I am not sure of is this and to me it doesn't personally matter. If I had not enrolled in sos110 (or other course at tesu) and did not complete the 3 credit tecep, then would I have met the 3 credit per 12 month requirement? I hear the stories that say yes. But I think I am not hearing all of the parts of it. In my case, it doesn’t matter because I am taking the cornerstone (sos 110).
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • rachel83az
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: When to send transcripts from Sophia or SDC to TESU - by P226mem - 09-27-2020, 12:03 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UK-based, 25yr IT pro, planning TESU BS Cybersecurity — plan sanity check smilingbuddha 4 1,588 09-26-2026, 12:31 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  TESU BACS Interested justsomeguy 3 439 09-21-2026, 01:56 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Information TESU Introduces Accelerated Courses (4-week format) animuscerebri 25 5,427 09-21-2026, 01:18 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU BSAT APS 400, 401 402 Alts? EvilSandman 3 2,175 09-20-2026, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Phracker Jacks
  TESU Bachelor Data Analytics after Statistics.com is gone homeschoolmom1 1 333 09-14-2026, 03:57 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  TESU Foreign Language BA resistk 13 5,462 09-09-2026, 10:46 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU Foreign Language B.A. -- degree planning help degreedude80 6 534 09-09-2026, 10:01 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU ILA to BA degree - apply now or wait? degreedude80 9 719 09-09-2026, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Sunny21
Sad Help For TESU BACS DEGREE please Brothers help-0982 6 1,463 08-20-2026, 08:45 AM
Last Post: cheeseberserk
  TESU courses without proctored exams / papers? boblax 4 1,001 08-12-2026, 05:15 PM
Last Post: RKanarek

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)