01-26-2021, 12:31 PM
(01-26-2021, 12:04 PM)Alpha Wrote: I know that I might be in the minority on this board but my primary interest is in the Humanities and so I thought I'd post this page in order to address some of the issues that are frequently raised in discussions about these degrees.
http://humanitiesworks.org/
Let me preface by saying I have no problem with the humanities or people who major in the humanities.
I noticed that the site you linked to compared humanities majors to biology and psychology majors. Bio and psyche majors are unfortunately notorious for their undergrads being underemployed compared to some other STEM majors(CS, engineering, etc.), without any further grad work. The site also contained some comparisons to criminal justice majors and business majors, two other degree fields that have poor supply vs demand. While the data may be factual, it is cherry picked and appears to contain heavy bias. Just remember to critically analyze this information before forming an opinion.
Most importantly: pursue your passions but have a plan.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU )
RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU )
RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)