Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input!
(01-27-2021, 12:34 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 05:22 PM)studyandpass5 Wrote: Provider: Straighterline
Course: Introduction to Programming in C++
Score: 85%
Course content: 4 quizzes, a midterm, 8 programming assignments, and a proctored final
Final exam format: 3 or 4 programming questions, the rest are multiple choice; 50 questions total  
Final exam content vs course content/practice exams: I felt the final exam had different, more difficult questions than what I saw on the quizzes and midterm, but the content is still the same; just review the materials and make sure to know it well.  
Familiarity with subject before course: I have no programming experience whatsoever. Total newbie. 
Pitfalls, high points, things others should know: There is a very helpful forum where you can submit questions, plus you can send your code to a certain email where someone can help you review it if you're stuck. That was a lifesaver for me! You will need to download a coding program; I used Xcode since I'm using a Mac. 
1-10 Difficulty level: 10. Since I have no experience with programming, I found this course to be extremely difficult and I struggled quite a bit. For someone who has programming knowledge, this may be easier for you. You definitely can't breeze through it!


How did the assignments work? Are they auto-graded? Can you submit assignments multiple times until you pass? Thanks for the review!

SL provides the starter code for you and then they give you a list of things that you need to do to complete the assignment (ex: change line 20 to reflect xyz). The assignments are not auto-graded; you submit the .cpp file and it will be graded within a couple of days (or sooner). I don't think you can submit assignments multiple times, but if you get stuck just email them! I worked a lot with Alex and he was so incredibly helpful!
[-] The following 1 user Likes studyandpass5's post:
  • Pikachu
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! - by studyandpass5 - 01-29-2021, 02:20 PM
Bus 311 Project Mgmt - Study.com - by khwaja1924 - 01-26-2022, 05:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UPI Study Phracker Jacks 1 108 Yesterday, 04:22 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  credit transfer of the course HTY 108 in study.com to UMPI ScholarX 0 261 09-11-2026, 11:49 AM
Last Post: ScholarX
Lightbulb New courses on Sophia daydream 3 872 08-18-2026, 08:18 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  STUDY UPDATE – COURSE CHANGES (EFFECTIVE AUGUST 5, 2026) cramnooch 5 1,604 08-03-2026, 09:57 AM
Last Post: cramnooch
  New Study.com Course Generative AI: Real-World Skills LevelUP 1 783 08-01-2026, 12:57 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Question re certain topics and StraighterLine DNA course daydream 9 1,292 07-11-2026, 10:20 PM
Last Post: daydream
  New Sophia Courses Physics, Principles of Leadership, Digital Literacy, Intro to Ed LevelUP 5 1,194 07-01-2026, 12:09 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  List of Coursera Courses expiring on 09/30/2026 LevelUP 0 797 06-28-2026, 10:32 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com CS 202 grading wmeacham1 3 807 06-28-2026, 09:59 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Smile Credit Calculus / Statistics Courses Bcopeland64 6 1,443 05-11-2026, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Bcopeland64

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)