Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
University of Wisconsin–Madison has some online Bach. Degree programs.
#11
I feel like you also aren’t likely to get an interview from a company that doesn’t want to hire people with online degrees. If it is really obvious you did it online—you were working full-time in one state and got your degree at that time from a school hundreds of miles away, for instance, it should be pretty obvious that you did your degree online.

If an interviewer really gave me grief about having on online/distance degree, I feel like I would turn it around on the interviewer/employer: “I live in (not Maine, far from Maine), have been working 40+ hours per week in (not Maine, far from Maine) and have a degree from UMPI.  If my distance degree is such a big deal for you, I would recommend that you hire better people to review applications. Clearly, the people who review applications and resumes for your organization do not understand your hiring priorities. They are, apparently, wasting your time, my time, and your company’s time. That is obvious to me. Respectfully, it appears from my side of the table that you need me a WHOLE LOT more than I need your job.”  I am a little too honest and blunt for my own good.
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
[-] The following 1 user Likes freeloader's post:
  • rachel83az
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: University of Wisconsin–Madison has some online Bach. Degree programs. - by freeloader - 03-30-2021, 06:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UNED Spanish online university Avidreader 6 6,100 Yesterday, 08:48 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Todd Wallack WP: For less than $100, I clicked my way toward a college degree in days LevelUP 32 4,573 09-28-2026, 04:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  A Free Accredited Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science – How Do We Get There? MNomadic 21 12,220 09-26-2026, 01:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  China Cuts 12,200 University Programs, Replaces Many With AI Degrees LevelUP 3 1,134 09-25-2026, 11:57 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 54 72,242 09-25-2026, 10:47 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  university of michigan goes pass/fail for first semester freshman bluebooger 2 690 08-13-2026, 11:36 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Online bachelor's degree for students fluent in Japanese archsvt 2 2,248 08-03-2026, 09:15 PM
Last Post: ueacquire
  WaPo Article Questions Rapid Degree Completion ('Degree Hacking’) swlearner71 59 12,374 07-24-2026, 09:27 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  The Bachelor’s Degree: A Human Operating System LevelUP 3 1,506 07-23-2026, 07:58 AM
Last Post: soba
  Judge Tosses ED’s ‘Professional’ Degree Definition TINASAM 2 1,008 06-26-2026, 10:56 AM
Last Post: sanantone

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)