(06-05-2021, 02:02 PM)natshar Wrote: 12 courses one per course is 1 year to finish the degree.
six 8 week terms @2000/each = 16k.
So a masters degree in 1 year for 16k isn't completely terrible.
Or go to WGU and complete a master's in 1 term for under $4,500 and it's also competency based. Many state schools are much less than $16K for a masters degree if you're a resident. He'd have much cheaper tuition at his state school he's said in previous posts.
(06-05-2021, 02:20 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Or you can save a few grand going the Brandman route, they're $3500/6 month term, you can probably finish it in a year or two terms at $7000. Then there is the option of going the WGU MSML route as well, if you finish in two terms, it's slightly over $8K. I dunno really, it depends on your learning/studying style - whichever floats your boat wins!
Brandman is actually much longer. Their papers are longer.....like waaaaay longer. That's partly why I decided against their program. Brandman told me to expect a minimum of a year which wasn't really realistic. They told me to plan for at least a year and a half.
(06-05-2021, 02:29 AM)ashkir Wrote: Another 1 am night.
My schedule has been:
530am wake up, get ready for work and let my beagle outside.
6am work
11am take lunch
1130am work
230pm walk my beagle
3pm study on UMPI's CBE platform and research topics for the MAOL milestones.
6pm eat dinner at my desk and read transcripts of videos etc
1am finish whatever thing I'm typing or article and save.
130am brush my teeth and go to bed.
Rinse and repeat monday to friday. Now for the weekends, I take a break on Saturday usually. BUt I spend 12 hours on Sunday.
I spent 12 hours day on this class, and I'm still only 60% the way through.
KEep in mind, I was able to do freaken 13 classes, with 9 Upper Levels in 7 weeks! But, this class? It's going to take me over a MONTH to finish. It's more writing and work than ALL of their upper levels COMBINED.
Honestly, I'm breaking down and I don't want to do this anymore. I just sent Jessica an email telling her after this term, I'm done. They did not design this with a working adult in mind. At all. This is designed like a week by week semester course. If I wanted that, I'd have gone to CalState where I get a home state discount.
That's insane! That's soooooooo much more time than the undergrad degrees. Like a crazy difference. I'm sad to see you leave the program, but I completely understand why. You have to save your sanity.



![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)