06-12-2021, 10:30 PM
odie313, I was streaming/watching a movie earlier, forgot to ask you questions and provide you even more options! Anyways, do you belong to a workplace union? You can go for the EGCC Associates if you've not got one yet: https://www.egccfreecollege.org/ If you do, the EGCC actually ladders to a Bachelors and it can be inexpensive too! https://www.unionlowcostdegrees.org/ Do you get tuition assistance or reimbursement? It might be worth while to take courses that are "more expensive" using this option.
Have you retired or are you a senior, like 65? Are you a service person/vet? Many colleges provide cheap/free tuition! If you're in a state where credits are cheap like California, you can try taking courses in your own state community college - I think that's where you completed the bulk of your credits. Anyways, since you completed English I at a college, see if it's worth while and comparable in price to complete English II there. Here's the Luna example I mentioned, it's $40/credit, seniors are only $5/credit and whatever their other fees are.
Last but not least, skip TESU for UMPI. Complete your Sophia.org courses for Lower Level and take the English II course at UMPI. If you finish in 3 terms, that's just $4200, it'll be cheaper than TESU's cornerstone/capstone plus the residency waiver. I suggest getting most of your courses at Sophia.org first, as you already have a Language requirement completed. You just need the "minor" and remaining 30 residency credits. That beats taking any of the above courses mentioned and save you cash over TESU! That's the collective power of this board!
Have you retired or are you a senior, like 65? Are you a service person/vet? Many colleges provide cheap/free tuition! If you're in a state where credits are cheap like California, you can try taking courses in your own state community college - I think that's where you completed the bulk of your credits. Anyways, since you completed English I at a college, see if it's worth while and comparable in price to complete English II there. Here's the Luna example I mentioned, it's $40/credit, seniors are only $5/credit and whatever their other fees are.
Last but not least, skip TESU for UMPI. Complete your Sophia.org courses for Lower Level and take the English II course at UMPI. If you finish in 3 terms, that's just $4200, it'll be cheaper than TESU's cornerstone/capstone plus the residency waiver. I suggest getting most of your courses at Sophia.org first, as you already have a Language requirement completed. You just need the "minor" and remaining 30 residency credits. That beats taking any of the above courses mentioned and save you cash over TESU! That's the collective power of this board!
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3RTJ3I9
UPI Study https://www.upistudy.com/?ref=f6bc41
Pre-Med Online, MSc Biomedical Sciences (Starting Jan 2026)
In Progress: UoPeople BS Health Science
Completed: UMPI BAS & MAOL (2025)
TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
UPI Study https://www.upistudy.com/?ref=f6bc41
Pre-Med Online, MSc Biomedical Sciences (Starting Jan 2026)
In Progress: UoPeople BS Health Science
Completed: UMPI BAS & MAOL (2025)
TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)