Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Recommendations for least expensive online MSW?
#1
Being soon to be finished with my undergrad, I'm thinking ahead to options for MSW programs. I've got a list of "wants" below. The school can be anywhere, provided it can lead to licensure in CA.

I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I probably can't get everything I'm after, but  I'd love to have input.

I could potentially start as soon as January, but a September start (or anywhere in between) would be OK as well.

Here are the criteria, in rough order of importance:
  • Fully online program (dealbreaker unless it's something like online except for one or two week-long residencies)
  • Low cost. I'd like to not be in debt up to my eyeballs. The CSU onlines are likely my first choice for this reason.
  • Two-year program rather than three (my undergrad isn't a BSW so no advanced standing)
  • Doesn't require completion of biology as part of undergrad (it seems that only a couple schools actually do.)
  • Doesn't require GRE.
  • Ideally would allow me to choose internship locations
  • Option to start in January or sooner than September
If I found the perfect program that had all of the above, I might consider a pricey school, but not my first preference.

Right now the contenders are
  • CSU-LB or CSU-San Bernadino (seem to be by far the least expensive)
  • Western New Mexico U (mid-priced, but could start as early as January)
  • Ft Hays University - Kansas (clinical focus, very inexpensive)
Thanks in advance for input/suggestions!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Recommendations for least expensive online MSW? - by studyingfortests - 06-19-2021, 04:18 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UT - Austin/EDX, MS Artificial Intelligence Online bjcheung77 6 25,660 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  NEW Fordham Online Masters in International Humanitarian Action smartdegree 0 529 08-18-2026, 06:50 PM
Last Post: smartdegree
  New Fully Online MS in Quantum Computing (Fei Tian College) - $20k truthfulness 7 1,101 08-13-2026, 04:15 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  UGC Opens Door to One-Year Online Master’s from India Jonathan Whatley 1 780 08-06-2026, 05:42 AM
Last Post: cc95
  Recommendations for a Business Analytics Program EthanMDFN 2 627 08-04-2026, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Some Movement Toward Hybrid Online Degrees for Psychologists and Psych Practitioners Jonathan Whatley 0 944 07-17-2026, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  MBA (Máster Universitario) Online for 1275€ - Universidad de las Hespérides (Spain) Voldigoad 17 4,383 07-16-2026, 09:16 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Assessing the International Equivalency/acceptance of Online Degrees from the Big 3 Aimed 24 9,202 06-18-2026, 11:14 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Teesside University: Online MS Cybersecurity £7,560 (~$10K USD) bjcheung77 5 3,823 06-10-2026, 12:07 AM
Last Post: RKanarek
  Harvard Kennedy School 10-Year Plan Eyes Increasing Online Programs Jonathan Whatley 0 1,081 06-06-2026, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)