Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Academic fresh start or no?
#18
(12-17-2021, 11:33 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @Thenson, when you studied at Snow College, was it the Competency Based program for $1700/term?  If you were having trouble with Competency Based degree programs, then you may want to reconsider continuing with Competency Based degree programs... In that case, my recommendation would be to remain taking Sophia.org/Study.com courses towards the Big 3.  I am leaning towards recommending you Excelsior as they only need 7 credits and they take ACE/NCCRS, TESU if you are going to take 16 credits for residency, you can transfer the rest in...

Here's a similar recommendation: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid353021
 it’s not that I had difficulty with competency, it’s that there was no scale to measure or assess competency in their program. It was completion based. As in, finish every lesson, then you’ll get a grade. Just like all normal classes, but with way more writing/essay content where it wasn’t necessary. For example the finance class was 90% essay content and I had mastery of the topic from the beginning (Finance is a hobby; Clark Howard fan since I was 14 years old..) but it didn’t matter because there was no scale to measure your mastery 

I do extremely well with properly administered competency. I can test out off most things. So I want to make sure we’re on the same page there lol

(12-17-2021, 11:44 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(12-17-2021, 11:33 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @Thenson, when you studied at Snow College, was it the Competency Based program for $1700/term?  If you were having trouble with Competency Based degree programs, then you may want to reconsider continuing with Competency Based degree programs... In that case, my recommendation would be to remain taking Sophia.org/Study.com courses towards the Big 3.  I am leaning towards recommending you Excelsior as they only need 7 credits and they take ACE/NCCRS, TESU if you are going to take 16 credits for residency, you can transfer the rest in...

Here's a similar recommendation: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid353021

EC requires MORE than 7 credits for an IT degree, unless there's been some change that I missed somewhere. Sure, you can get a BALS/BSLS at EC, but then why not go with COSC? COSC would be even cheaper than EC for a BALS and I think OP would only really need 30 UL credits for COSC.
I looked at cosc, they appear to be one of the more expensive ones ? I think, unless I looked at it the wrong way. It was $400-ish per credit on top of another $200-ish fee for what I can’t remember. they look good, it is just one I haven’t heard of until recently so I’m not as familiar with them compared to wgu or excelsior
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Academic fresh start or no? - by Thenson - 12-16-2021, 04:49 AM
Academic fresh start or no? - by Kab - 12-16-2021, 05:06 AM
RE: Academic fresh start or no? - by Thenson - 12-16-2021, 05:15 AM
RE: Academic fresh start or no? - by Holmes - 12-16-2021, 05:33 AM
RE: Academic fresh start or no? - by rachel83az - 12-16-2021, 08:04 AM
RE: Academic fresh start or no? - by Cofffeee - 12-16-2021, 09:00 AM
RE: Academic fresh start or no? - by rachel83az - 12-16-2021, 09:35 AM
RE: Academic fresh start or no? - by Cofffeee - 12-16-2021, 09:42 AM
RE: Academic fresh start or no? - by allvia - 12-16-2021, 09:46 AM
RE: Academic fresh start or no? - by rachel83az - 12-16-2021, 10:17 AM
RE: Academic fresh start or no? - by bjcheung77 - 12-16-2021, 12:20 PM
RE: Academic fresh start or no? - by Thenson - 12-17-2021, 02:36 AM
RE: Academic fresh start or no? - by rachel83az - 12-17-2021, 06:23 AM
RE: Academic fresh start or no? - by Thenson - 12-17-2021, 12:41 PM
RE: Academic fresh start or no? - by bjcheung77 - 12-17-2021, 11:33 AM
RE: Academic fresh start or no? - by rachel83az - 12-17-2021, 11:44 AM
RE: Academic fresh start or no? - by Thenson - 12-17-2021, 12:21 PM
RE: Academic fresh start or no? - by rachel83az - 12-17-2021, 12:33 PM
RE: Academic fresh start or no? - by rachel83az - 12-17-2021, 12:54 PM
RE: Academic fresh start or no? - by bjcheung77 - 12-18-2021, 02:58 AM
RE: Academic fresh start or no? - by Thenson - 01-06-2022, 12:01 AM
RE: Academic fresh start or no? - by dfrecore - 01-06-2022, 03:10 PM
RE: Academic fresh start or no? - by dfrecore - 01-06-2022, 03:39 PM
RE: Academic fresh start or no? - by rachel83az - 01-06-2022, 02:36 AM
RE: Academic fresh start or no? - by Thenson - 01-06-2022, 02:54 AM
RE: Academic fresh start or no? - by rachel83az - 01-06-2022, 03:08 AM
RE: Academic fresh start or no? - by Thenson - 01-06-2022, 03:03 PM
RE: Academic fresh start or no? - by rachel83az - 01-06-2022, 03:15 PM
RE: Academic fresh start or no? - by Thenson - 01-09-2022, 04:30 PM
RE: Academic fresh start or no? - by rachel83az - 01-09-2022, 04:41 PM
RE: Academic fresh start or no? - by bjcheung77 - 01-09-2022, 04:45 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Head start during HS HeritageCreek 3 1,571 06-09-2025, 12:58 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Starting fresh at mid 30s: Computer Science ff01010 2 2,296 11-01-2024, 10:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Where to even start, as an int'll student? cookernetes 2 1,552 06-03-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee
Sad 53 Starting Fresh laknight 13 3,737 02-29-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Hello, what can I do to start something and or what degree can I learn about Kirahanderson 1 1,457 02-12-2024, 08:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Help me start my journey from Canada Futureproof60 10 5,774 01-22-2023, 12:59 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Ending Military career to start my life! (Help :D) Stefan Brannen 7 2,601 12-21-2022, 11:15 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  How to proceed now with low academic standing? sangria 12 3,747 10-28-2022, 09:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Please help me decide on an academic path pranav_upd 24 7,889 06-10-2022, 02:16 PM
Last Post: sasank
  Course order to start with Sophia acethroughcollege 5 3,201 09-29-2021, 08:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)