Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Free Course Jacksonville State University
#38
(01-19-2022, 05:30 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
AllThose299s Wrote:Received my admissions decision today, tried to register (granted the class started a week ago) and turns out the last day to register was yesterday. Boo...
The advising contacts seem to respond quickly, which is nice, however turns out there's a $200 late fee (yikes!) if you want to register after the deadline, guess I'll try again in the Fall.

Is there no summer session? If you're not busy during the summer and they offer the course, I would recommend it then... or the fall, either option would work.  I would have thought there would be 3 or 4 sessions, but haven't looked into it closely to make sure.

Just curious, are you going just for an ASNSM Comp Sci?  From the list of your courses, you seem to be done with an ASNSM Math as well, I would add that since it's free anyways, if you don't want it later, just skip it...

So quick update, turns out there is no $200 late fee if you register for the free class only, which is what I was going to do anyways. Just need to hear back from the instructor about if they will allow me to register late.


As for the other topic... Time eludes me during the summer, I thought I was going to be done last year but I found myself enjoying the outdoors. The ASNSM Comp Sci was an easy win for me since I had so many credits that fell under the Comp Sci... I might try for an ASNSM in Math, we will see. Had a stressful experience recently with trying to calc with straighterline, so I might try going the SDC route for calc instead. In reality I should probably do pre-calc with ALEKS but I'm already in a new billing cycle with SDC, and I'm wrapping up geometry as some prep before I try my coopersmith course.
Completed: BA in Computer Science, ASNSM in Mathematics & Certificate in Computer Information Systems (2025)

TESU: 9 Credits (SOS-110, CMP-3540, LIB-4950)
Coursera: 39 Credits (IBM Data Analysis & Visualization Foundations, SAS Advanced Programmer, Google Data Analytics, IBM Full Stack Software Developer)
Study.com: 27 Credits (Management Information Systems, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management, Computer Architecture, Discrete Mathematics, Geometry, Data Structures, Intro to Operating Systems, Calculus)
InstantCert.com: 3 Credits (American Government)
CSMLearn.com: 3 Credits
Sophia.org: 49 Credits
Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service 11 Credits
B&M College: 105.34 Credits


Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Free Course Jacksonville State University - by AllThose299s - 01-19-2022, 10:29 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Free Accredited Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science – How Do We Get There? MNomadic 21 12,175 09-26-2026, 01:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  China Cuts 12,200 University Programs, Replaces Many With AI Degrees LevelUP 3 1,117 09-25-2026, 11:57 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  $100 1 credit Graduate Education courses from The Federal Reserve & Wichita State U KaraStarbuck 8 3,853 09-02-2026, 11:29 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  university of michigan goes pass/fail for first semester freshman bluebooger 2 672 08-13-2026, 11:36 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Ashford University ladylearner 7 2,395 05-28-2026, 11:21 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  CodeSignal’s University Ranking Report Reveals Higher Ed’s Blind Spot LevelUP 1 1,172 04-30-2026, 07:57 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  International Open University in The Gambia sal1820 2 3,834 04-07-2026, 07:51 PM
Last Post: DoctorHAK
  ouisiana Board of Regents approved the state’s first accelerated bachelor’s degree (A xspect 5 1,781 03-28-2026, 09:53 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Underrated University chopliver2 20 11,837 02-13-2026, 02:11 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  I completed my bachelors at Newlane University. This was my experience. Jakehazex21 0 4,735 12-31-2025, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Jakehazex21

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)