Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
BSBA TESU - Help Please :)
#15
(04-09-2022, 11:43 AM)Pats20 Wrote: My question would be Would you be able to get into a ms accounting program without an undergrad in accounting ? That is without taking a bunch of prerequisites anyway ?

Honestly, I dont think I want a MS in Accounting. I think the MBA with a cert in Accounting should suffice my needs. Plus I feel I can get this done quickly and graduate with my BSBA in sept and if I work really hard, possibly have my MBA with WGU in one term.


Thank you for your reply!

(04-09-2022, 01:09 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(04-09-2022, 11:43 AM)Pats20 Wrote: My question would be Would you be able to get into a ms accounting program without an undergrad in accounting ? That is without taking a bunch of prerequisites anyway ?

I forgot about that.  A "bachelor's in accounting" and a "BSBA w/Accounting Concentration" are not the same thing.  So I would contact WGU and specifically ask about that.

But I still think someone with 15 years of experience in Accounting is better off with a MA in Accounting than an MBA.  It's a more valuable degree for many.  It also allows you to get your CPA.  So I'd probably get that BSBA/Acc if they'll take that in lieu of a Bachelor's in Accounting.

I dont think I will be going for my CPA but having the option is not a bad thing.

I looked at Sophia Princles of Finance Accounting and it would transfer in as ACC 101 and I already have that class applied with one of my UOP classes. So I think I will still need to take a finance class somewhere else (probably study.com or Davar).

Thank you for your input. This helps a lot!

(04-09-2022, 11:31 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hey, got your PM.  Thank you so much!  You can apply to the MBA at WGU as that's the main recommendation, they also have the MAcc Accounting or MSML Management & Leadership if you want to specialize in those.  If your main preference is an MBA, stick to it, as having a Masters in something else such as Accounting, Management & Leadership, Organizational Leadership, etc are secondary to your current goal... You can again supplement your BSBA with the Accounting cert and call it a day...

Do you know if I can apply for the MBA at WGU if all I have left is my capstone? Or do I need to wait until my BSBA is complete to apply for the MBA at WGU?

Also where could I get the cert in accounting from? Do you have a name for the cert?

Thank you!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by Stustu - 04-09-2022, 01:12 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by rachel83az - 04-09-2022, 01:33 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by Stustu - 04-09-2022, 01:49 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by rachel83az - 04-09-2022, 02:00 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by Stustu - 04-09-2022, 02:07 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by bjcheung77 - 04-09-2022, 02:44 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by Stustu - 04-09-2022, 03:08 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by Stustu - 04-09-2022, 05:30 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by LevelUP - 04-09-2022, 05:39 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by Stustu - 04-09-2022, 11:07 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by dfrecore - 04-09-2022, 09:06 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by bjcheung77 - 04-09-2022, 11:31 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by Pats20 - 04-09-2022, 11:43 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by dfrecore - 04-09-2022, 01:09 PM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by Stustu - 04-09-2022, 02:19 PM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by dfrecore - 04-09-2022, 03:31 PM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by Stustu - 04-09-2022, 04:58 PM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by allvia - 04-09-2022, 02:32 PM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by Stustu - 04-09-2022, 05:41 PM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by dfrecore - 04-09-2022, 08:12 PM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by rachel83az - 04-09-2022, 09:01 PM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by Stustu - 04-09-2022, 11:57 PM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by bjcheung77 - 04-10-2022, 02:13 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by Stustu - 06-03-2022, 02:03 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by rachel83az - 06-03-2022, 02:05 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by bjcheung77 - 06-03-2022, 02:20 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by Stustu - 06-03-2022, 02:24 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by bjcheung77 - 06-03-2022, 02:37 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by Stustu - 06-03-2022, 02:43 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by bjcheung77 - 06-03-2022, 04:03 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACEI Finland evaluation to TESU homeschoolmom1 2 582 Yesterday, 09:33 PM
Last Post: abel1303
Question The Final Frontier: Capstone LIB-4970 or LIB-4950 for BACS and TESU's Recent Changes animuscerebri 24 11,174 10-01-2026, 08:17 PM
Last Post: justsomeguy
  UK-based, 25yr IT pro, planning TESU BS Cybersecurity — plan sanity check smilingbuddha 4 1,652 09-26-2026, 12:31 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  TESU BACS Interested justsomeguy 3 508 09-21-2026, 01:56 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Information TESU Introduces Accelerated Courses (4-week format) animuscerebri 25 5,546 09-21-2026, 01:18 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU BSAT APS 400, 401 402 Alts? EvilSandman 3 2,203 09-20-2026, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Phracker Jacks
  TESU Bachelor Data Analytics after Statistics.com is gone homeschoolmom1 1 362 09-14-2026, 03:57 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  TESU Foreign Language BA resistk 13 5,503 09-09-2026, 10:46 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU Foreign Language B.A. -- degree planning help degreedude80 6 561 09-09-2026, 10:01 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU ILA to BA degree - apply now or wait? degreedude80 9 761 09-09-2026, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Sunny21

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)