Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
BSBA TESU - Help Please :)
#17
(04-09-2022, 02:19 PM)Stustu Wrote: Honestly, I dont think I want a MS in Accounting. I think the MBA with a cert in Accounting should suffice my needs. Plus I feel I can get this done quickly and graduate with my BSBA in sept and if I work really hard, possibly have my MBA with WGU in one term.

I dont think I will be going for my CPA but having the option is not a bad thing.

I looked at Sophia Princles of Finance Accounting and it would transfer in as ACC 101 and I already have that class applied with one of my UOP classes. So I think I will still need to take a finance class somewhere else (probably study.com or Davar).

Do you know if I can apply for the MBA at WGU if all I have left is my capstone? Or do I need to wait until my BSBA is complete to apply for the MBA at WGU?

Also where could I get the cert in accounting from? Do you have a name for the cert?

So an MBA it is.  But this may mean that the CPA is out, as you may not have enough Accounting credits to sit for it.  Prob not a big deal if you want to continue to work in Corporate accounting anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sophia has Accounting (ACC-101, which you already took another way) and Principles of Finance (which you need).  These are 2 separate courses.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you cannot apply to WGU until you have your Bachelor's degree.  I think you even have to have it conferred, which means the graduation date.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the Certificate in Accounting, vs. the Accounting concentration, it's 6 of 1, half dozen of the other.  There's no extra cost for the Cert since you're already an enrolled student.

For the General Management concentration, you need 2 more UL courses, so let's go with SDC's ACC 301: Applied Managerial Accounting and ACC 302: Advanced Accounting.  That concentration is done.  Then, for the Undergrad Certificate in Accounting, you need Intermediate Accounting I & II (also available at SDC).

For the Accounting concentration, you need Intermediate Accounting I & II (which you would take for the Acc Cert) and 4 UL courses.  You take SDC's ACC 301: Applied Managerial Accounting and ACC 302: Advanced Accounting (which you would take for the Acc Cert).  That leaves 2 UL accounting courses.  Take ACC 303: Cost Accounting from SDC and Managerial Accounting from ICC which comes in as ACC-312.  So only 2 extra courses from what you would have done anyway.

Not a huge difference, either in time or price.

I would probably go ahead and do the concentration, but you can always wait until the very end to decide.  If you are ready to take the capstone, and have taken all of the courses you need for the GM Concentration and the Cert in Accounting, you can decide then to change to the Accounting concentration and take the final 2 courses if you want to.

I'm guessing that the last UL course from SDC will be very easy to finish because there will be overlap (as you complete courses, anything that applies to another course show up as completed already).  So as you complete Intermediate I & II (which have overlap in and of themselves) and then the next UL one, there will be overlap, and then the next will have more, and so on. It may be 70% or 80% complete at that point.

And then, how easy will it be to finish the ICC course when you've done all those courses PLUS have 15 years of experience?  Crazy easy.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Stustu
Reply


Messages In This Thread
BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by Stustu - 04-09-2022, 01:12 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by rachel83az - 04-09-2022, 01:33 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by Stustu - 04-09-2022, 01:49 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by rachel83az - 04-09-2022, 02:00 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by Stustu - 04-09-2022, 02:07 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by bjcheung77 - 04-09-2022, 02:44 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by Stustu - 04-09-2022, 03:08 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by Stustu - 04-09-2022, 05:30 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by LevelUP - 04-09-2022, 05:39 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by Stustu - 04-09-2022, 11:07 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by dfrecore - 04-09-2022, 09:06 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by bjcheung77 - 04-09-2022, 11:31 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by Pats20 - 04-09-2022, 11:43 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by dfrecore - 04-09-2022, 01:09 PM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by Stustu - 04-09-2022, 02:19 PM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by dfrecore - 04-09-2022, 03:31 PM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by Stustu - 04-09-2022, 04:58 PM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by allvia - 04-09-2022, 02:32 PM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by Stustu - 04-09-2022, 05:41 PM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by dfrecore - 04-09-2022, 08:12 PM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by rachel83az - 04-09-2022, 09:01 PM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by Stustu - 04-09-2022, 11:57 PM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by bjcheung77 - 04-10-2022, 02:13 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by Stustu - 06-03-2022, 02:03 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by rachel83az - 06-03-2022, 02:05 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by bjcheung77 - 06-03-2022, 02:20 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by Stustu - 06-03-2022, 02:24 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by bjcheung77 - 06-03-2022, 02:37 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by Stustu - 06-03-2022, 02:43 AM
RE: BSBA TESU - Help Please :) - by bjcheung77 - 06-03-2022, 04:03 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACEI Finland evaluation to TESU homeschoolmom1 2 614 10-04-2026, 09:33 PM
Last Post: abel1303
Question The Final Frontier: Capstone LIB-4970 or LIB-4950 for BACS and TESU's Recent Changes animuscerebri 24 11,251 10-01-2026, 08:17 PM
Last Post: justsomeguy
  UK-based, 25yr IT pro, planning TESU BS Cybersecurity — plan sanity check smilingbuddha 4 1,678 09-26-2026, 12:31 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  TESU BACS Interested justsomeguy 3 550 09-21-2026, 01:56 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Information TESU Introduces Accelerated Courses (4-week format) animuscerebri 25 5,645 09-21-2026, 01:18 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU BSAT APS 400, 401 402 Alts? EvilSandman 3 2,223 09-20-2026, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Phracker Jacks
  TESU Bachelor Data Analytics after Statistics.com is gone homeschoolmom1 1 387 09-14-2026, 03:57 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  TESU Foreign Language BA resistk 13 5,540 09-09-2026, 10:46 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU Foreign Language B.A. -- degree planning help degreedude80 6 581 09-09-2026, 10:01 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU ILA to BA degree - apply now or wait? degreedude80 9 792 09-09-2026, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Sunny21

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)