Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Sophia.org vs Study.com - English I & II
#1
Someone is asking which provider to take English I and II requirements, they're into just these two providers (they can't take CLEP, DSST, and don't want to go through any other option such as TECEP as they're international).  They don't have a membership with StraighterLine but will be getting one for Sophia and/or Study.com anyways.

I don't know the answer as I took mine at StraighterLine ages ago... I like both Sophia.org and Study.com as alternatives to StraighterLine, my recommendation is to take a look at the number of assignments or touchstones and decide there, I think I will lean towards Sophia.org unless you favor a final exam over assignments/quizzes.  Hmm...

You should review their website for reviews/testimonials, both seem very good compared to StraighterLine
Let's compare:  Sophia.org I = 14 challenges + 5 touchstones, II = 9 challenges + 7 touchstones
Study.com ENG 204: 104 lessons, Final, 5 assignments, ENG 205: 81 lessons, Final, 6 assignments

Edit to Add: For the price, I think Sophia.org is great, Study.com would be an option if you're doing up to 5/month
So... You should also look at the grading time to both and see which one may be faster, not just cheaper or easier
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3RTJ3I9
UPI Study https://www.upistudy.com/?ref=f6bc41

Pre-Med Online, MSc Biomedical Sciences (Starting Jan 2026)
In Progress: UoPeople BS Health Science

Completed: UMPI BAS & MAOL (2025)
TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Vin
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Sophia.org vs Study.com - English I & II - by bjcheung77 - 10-01-2022, 02:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UPI Study Phracker Jacks 2 175 Yesterday, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Phracker Jacks
  WARNING: Don't try and cheat on Sophia, they are suspending lots of accounts! LevelUP 26 10,113 09-25-2026, 08:16 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  credit transfer of the course HTY 108 in study.com to UMPI ScholarX 0 266 09-11-2026, 11:49 AM
Last Post: ScholarX
Lightbulb New courses on Sophia daydream 3 884 08-18-2026, 08:18 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  STUDY UPDATE – COURSE CHANGES (EFFECTIVE AUGUST 5, 2026) cramnooch 5 1,616 08-03-2026, 09:57 AM
Last Post: cramnooch
  New Study.com Course Generative AI: Real-World Skills LevelUP 1 787 08-01-2026, 12:57 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Sophia.org Membership Code - Recent bjcheung77 308 256,041 07-01-2026, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Bcopeland64
  New Sophia Courses Physics, Principles of Leadership, Digital Literacy, Intro to Ed LevelUP 5 1,194 07-01-2026, 12:09 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Study.com CS 202 grading wmeacham1 3 808 06-28-2026, 09:59 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  ENG COMP I & II - SDC, SL or Sophia any4yeardegree 19 3,420 06-01-2026, 07:47 PM
Last Post: myriam555

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)