Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Is That Your Final Answer?
#8
For me I had always wanted to get back to school, I had gone to Nursing school right out of high school, but being married got in the way of that. Then I was accepted to start at a different nursing program starting in Sept 74, but I was pregnant and due in Oct 74. I got divorced in 75 and finally tried back to college in Sept 76 but working full time and being a single Mom derailed me that time. Finally after remarrying in 84 I went back to school in Sept. I continued doing well until I was pregnant again and gave up in May 87. That was the end of college for me. It always bothered me I work in Chemistry with lots of very bright people many even had their PhD. I was always embarrased when they would ask me what school I went to and I had to say I never finished.

Flash forward to Sept 2006 my son born in 87 is starting his senior year of high school my Mother-in-law is talking about paying for his college. Somehow we get on to me returning to college and she says she would pay because I was always a good student. Sooo I think why not if she will pay I have more time now with all my children older why not beat them to a degree.
Well my mother-in-law only paid my 1st years tuition then she backed out (She is an 83 year old millionare who thinks she can take it with her). Since I had done so well the 1st year and I enjoyed it so much (and my m-I_L had paid my sons 1st semester tuition) my husband and I decided to pay for my tuition ourselves and let me continue. I earned my AA in June and it felt so wonderful I want to go on for my BA. My son flunked out of college after 1 semester, but now my youngest son is starting college. So my husband just took a loan from his 401K to pay my sons and my tuition and hopefully by this time next year I will be finishing up my BA. I will be 55 years old by then, but I will have finally done it and I will have beat my sons to it too.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Is That Your Final Answer? - by Cameron16 - 08-29-2008, 03:56 AM
Is That Your Final Answer? - by cookderosa - 08-29-2008, 10:00 AM
Is That Your Final Answer? - by alleycat - 08-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Is That Your Final Answer? - by reshab912 - 08-29-2008, 04:56 PM
Is That Your Final Answer? - by AimsHigh - 08-29-2008, 11:04 PM
Is That Your Final Answer? - by Cameron16 - 08-31-2008, 08:40 PM
Is That Your Final Answer? - by lrgaul - 08-31-2008, 09:13 PM
Is That Your Final Answer? - by Lindagerr - 08-31-2008, 09:39 PM
Is That Your Final Answer? - by sydney - 09-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Is That Your Final Answer? - by Katterina - 09-03-2008, 08:58 PM
Is That Your Final Answer? - by cookderosa - 09-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Is That Your Final Answer? - by cookderosa - 09-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Is That Your Final Answer? - by lrgaul - 09-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Is That Your Final Answer? - by Gonzo - 09-06-2008, 02:06 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Music All Too Mine (Taylor's Final Version) LevelUP 0 1,120 07-29-2025, 04:31 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  "For the People, For the Country: Patrick Henry’s Final Political Battle." Charles Fout 1 1,761 05-10-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  The Final Frontier Alpha 4 2,104 08-31-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Do not answer calls from unknown numbers bjcheung77 11 4,430 06-05-2016, 08:28 AM
Last Post: alzee
  Freaking out! My testing center didn't send my professor my final! Kaz 2 2,183 05-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Kaz
  Working since 6am, I have 2 pages written for final HRM assignment ryoder 7 3,961 09-17-2011, 11:47 AM
Last Post: ShotoJuku
  This Is My Final Post.... ShotoJuku 29 8,822 06-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Last Post: STG

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)