(04-04-2023, 03:36 PM)rachel83az Wrote:(04-04-2023, 03:28 PM)FM1 Wrote: Hi @Ashkir, thanks so much for putting this spreadsheet together. I am feeling confident that I will use this as a template to finally get a degree. I have never enrolled into higher education so I am new to this whole thing, so grateful for any help on some very what I imagine is super basic questions to the seasoned members in this forum.
1. On row 19 to 27, it states 'Any other Sophia course' for electives 2 to 10. How will I know which electives will be credited against the UMPI bachelors? Is there a list I can review?
2. I'm not great with languages so is it possible to change Spanish I for something different altogether?
3. Should the Sophia, Study.com and InstantCert courses be completed prior to enrolling into UMPI?
4. What is the process for transferring credits - is it done pre-enrollment or post enrollment?
This degree plan was accurate when posted, but is no longer accurate. The most current/accurate degree plans for UMPI can be found here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:UMPI
IIRC, you're in the UK? If you took French or German in school, you may be able to take a CLEP exam for one of those languages. There is (or was) a public CLEP testing center near Manchester and one near London. You can study for the CLEP exam(s) using ModernStates and might be able to take the exam for free. Unfortunately, if you are unable to take a CLEP exam, Spanish from Sophia.org is currently the fastest/easiest/cheapest way to get a foreign language credit. If you want to pay more for an online class somewhere else, you can. But I would urge you to at least give Sophia's Spanish a try before you spend the money. You don't have to be great at Spanish in order to pass. It's relatively basic.
Thanks for the updated link. Having looked at the BABA Management and Leadership page (I've decided not to go for a BABA in Project Management as I want to move into a different area), I'm slightly confused about a few things. I'm new to this so please bear with me for any silly questions.
- 1. What does the '(Duplicate)' tag denote in the Course column, e.g. under GEC Requirements table, Learning Objective 1D - English Composition I (Duplicate)
- 2. Given that transfer credits do not apply to all of the listed courses, e.g. GEC Requirements has a total of 40 under Competency Units Value, but the transfer credit total is 34, should we be doing only the courses where the credit transfer applies?
- 3. Under the Business Administration Major table, there are several rows which don't have an entry for the 'Course Providfer'. Is the assumption that the empty fields are where UMPI are the course provider?
- 4. I'm unclear about which electives can be taken for the 23 credits - is there list somewhere?
- 5. Should the Sophia, Study.com and InstantCert courses be completed prior to enrolling into UMPI?
Edit - you're correct, I'm in the UK. I'll stick to the Spanish class as you recommend since it seems like the easiest and cheapest option. Thanks.


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)