Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Free Degree Planning Class & Degree Plans
Free degree planning class in Zoom tomorrow night 5/5/22 (6-7pm CST) 
I'll be giving everyone 10 free degree plans for TESU and Excelsior that you can edit and use. 

Everyone in the forum has been so helpful the past couple of years and WE DID IT!! I say "we" because we just finished the 2nd Bachelor Degree in my family using Study.com!! I helped my 20 year old graduate from TESU with a Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies and my 16 year old graduate from Excelsior College with a Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts!!!  

The degree plan shows you the "big picture" which is what I wanted to find in the degree forum when I started 4 years ago. Maybe they are available in the group now but I haven't seen them. I have several tabs, links and tips in each degree plan to help you if you find them helpful. It will be yours to edit however you want. 

Zoom Meeting 6pm CST on 5/5/22
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86433601910?pw...I3UExuUT09
Meeting ID: 864 3360 1910
Passcode: study

We chose Study.com because it was 1 of only 7 approved educational providers for TESU. Everything else we tried was on the "provisionally approved-review pending" educational providers list for TESU. Study was efficient with placement tests and adaptive learning and allowed my 20 year old to do 2 college classes a month. We also liked that Study had upper and lower division credit at the same price and 229 classes to choose from (it made it more interesting to choose from classes like genetics, nutrition, forensic science, etc.). One other deciding factor was that they have been around a long time and I knew they weren't going anywhere. I felt more confident choosing them for ACE college credit. I decided I wanted everything in 1 place which made it a lot easier and we also really appreciated that you could get 45% of your grade from the quizzes that you get 3 chances to take. It's the same way with the upper division assignments, you get 3 chances to turn in your paper for the highest grade. It was easy to pass classes by watching the lesson, reading the transcript, taking the quizzes, taking the chapter tests, studying the online flashcards, and taking the course practice test to see if they were ready for the exam. I love that the forum teaches you about all of the options you have for college credit, our favorite was Study.com

Thank you again to everyone in the forum that made this possible for my family. It has been life changing to find out about alternative credits and TESU/ Excelsior!
[-] The following 5 users Like dragonwolf's post:
  • katsiki, RachelB, striker321, topdog98, uncapentin
We do have plans for TESU on the wiki now: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap

Is it okay if I use your plans for Excelsior as a jumping off point to do something similar for that school, too? At this point, we don't have many resources for students who want to go to Excelsior.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • dragonwolf, RachelB, Slammyelis
The TESU finance degree looks like you have an overlap with FIN 104.

You need to add upper-level Principles of Finance which you can get at Davar.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • dragonwolf
Your link to the Degree Plans from your other duplicate thread didn't show up on this post: https://bit.ly/3iB4NXs
The plans are pretty good, there's an associates for both Excelsior and TESU, along with 3 Bachelors each...
They're good starting points, people can decide to customize the courses to their liking if needed.  Thanks!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • dragonwolf, katsiki
(05-05-2022, 02:58 AM)rachel83az Wrote: We do have plans for TESU on the wiki now: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap

Is it okay if I use your plans for Excelsior as a jumping off point to do something similar for that school, too? At this point, we don't have many resources for students who want to go to Excelsior.

Sure!
(05-05-2022, 10:01 AM)LevelUP Wrote: The TESU finance degree looks like you have an overlap with FIN 104.

You need to add upper-level Principles of Finance which you can get at Davar.

Thank you for catching that!!   Big Grin
(05-04-2022, 07:50 PM)dragonwolf Wrote: Free degree planning class in Zoom tomorrow night 5/5/22 (6-7pm CST) 
I'll be giving everyone 10 free degree plans for TESU and Excelsior that you can edit and use. 

Everyone in the forum has been so helpful the past couple of years and WE DID IT!! I say "we" because we just finished the 2nd Bachelor Degree in my family using Study.com!! I helped my 20 year old graduate from TESU with a Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies and my 16 year old graduate from Excelsior College with a Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts!!!  

The degree plan shows you the "big picture" which is what I wanted to find in the degree forum when I started 4 years ago. Maybe they are available in the group now but I haven't seen them. I have several tabs, links and tips in each degree plan to help you if you find them helpful. It will be yours to edit however you want. 

We chose Study.com because it was 1 of only 7 approved educational providers for TESU. Everything else we tried was on the "provisionally approved-review pending" educational providers list for TESU. Study was efficient with placement tests and adaptive learning and allowed my 20 year old to do 2 college classes a month. We also liked that Study had upper and lower division credit at the same price and 229 classes to choose from (it made it more interesting to choose from classes like genetics, nutrition, forensic science, etc.). One other deciding factor was that they have been around a long time and I knew they weren't going anywhere. I felt more confident choosing them for ACE college credit. I decided I wanted everything in 1 place which made it a lot easier and we also really appreciated that you could get 45% of your grade from the quizzes that you get 3 chances to take. It's the same way with the upper division assignments, you get 3 chances to turn in your paper for the highest grade. It was easy to pass classes by watching the lesson, reading the transcript, taking the quizzes, taking the chapter tests, studying the online flashcards, and taking the course practice test to see if they were ready for the exam. I love that the forum teaches you about all of the options you have for college credit, our favorite was Study.com

Thank you again to everyone in the forum that made this possible for my family. It has been life changing to find out about alternative credits and TESU/ Excelsior!

This is the recording: vimeo.com/706995671

Degree Plans: bit.ly/3yCWtiX
[-] The following 2 users Like dragonwolf's post:
  • origamishuttle, smarterby1degree
(05-04-2022, 07:50 PM)dragonwolf Wrote: Free degree planning class in Zoom tomorrow night 5/5/22 (6-7pm CST) 

@dragonwolf  inspiring...I only recently discovered TESU & Study.com & this forum. I wish I'd found all this info sooner.  If you ever do another zoom degree planning event I'd be interested. I am working on planning my bachelors now.
(05-04-2022, 07:50 PM)dragonwolf Wrote: We chose Study.com because it was 1 of only 7 approved educational providers for TESU. Everything else we tried was on the "provisionally approved-review pending" educational providers list for TESU. Study was efficient with placement tests and adaptive learning and allowed my 20 year old to do 2 college classes a month. We also liked that Study had upper and lower division credit at the same price and 229 classes to choose from (it made it more interesting to choose from classes like genetics, nutrition, forensic science, etc.). One other deciding factor was that they have been around a long time and I knew they weren't going anywhere. I felt more confident choosing them for ACE college credit. I decided I wanted everything in 1 place which made it a lot easier and we also really appreciated that you could get 45% of your grade from the quizzes that you get 3 chances to take. It's the same way with the upper division assignments, you get 3 chances to turn in your paper for the highest grade. It was easy to pass classes by watching the lesson, reading the transcript, taking the quizzes, taking the chapter tests, studying the online flashcards, and taking the course practice test to see if they were ready for the exam. I love that the forum teaches you about all of the options you have for college credit, our favorite was Study.com

I didn't realize you could resubmit assignments with Study.com - that's definitely good to know!
Current Goal:
UMPI: B.A. Psychology (International Studies Minor)

I'm 42% through my degree!

Earned:  
Sophia: 48 credits
RA: 3 credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior BS in Cybersecurity Degree Plan dragonwolf 12 2,415 07-19-2022, 12:54 PM
Last Post: dragonwolf
  BS in Criminal Justice Degree Plan dragonwolf 8 1,664 07-18-2022, 06:13 PM
  WGU BS in Computer Science Degree Plan dragonwolf 5 1,562 06-23-2022, 12:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU BA in Psychology Degree Plan dragonwolf 9 1,885 06-09-2022, 11:22 AM
Last Post: StudiousTraveller
  TESU BSBA Degree Plan dragonwolf 2 1,705 05-29-2022, 03:34 PM
  Excelsior Degree Plans dragonwolf 0 1,824 05-12-2022, 03:30 PM