Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TESU BA in Psychology Degree Plan
This is a degree plan that helped with picking classes and staying organized while completing a TESU degree. 

All of the degree requirements are organized with the specific classes you can take to meet each requirement. It also includes helpful links, cost breakdown, tips that were figured out through earning a TESU degree, how to send your transcripts, and a coupon code for $60 off your first month of Study.com. It says the Excel spreadsheet is to large to upload so here is the Google Sheet: https://bit.ly/3LKagIr  
[-] The following 1 user Likes dragonwolf's post:
  • smarterby1degree
(05-15-2022, 06:23 PM)dragonwolf Wrote: This is a degree plan that helped with picking classes and staying organized while completing a TESU degree. 

All of the degree requirements are organized with the specific classes you can take to meet each requirement. It also includes helpful links, cost breakdown, tips that were figured out through earning a TESU degree, how to send your transcripts, and a coupon code for $60 off your first month of Study.com. It says the Excel spreadsheet is to large to upload so here is the Google Sheet: https://bit.ly/3LKagIr  
Thanks so much. This is helpful!

On the plan you mention needing 18 upper level credits - are these 18 credits in any course OR do they have to be in the AOS (psychology)? 

I already have a BSc so this will be a 2nd degree for me so just wondering if I need to find 18 NEW UL credits or if my UL credits from my first degree will cover that requirement.
On the plan you mention needing 18 upper level credits - are these 18 credits in any course OR do they have to be in the AOS (psychology)? 

I already have a BSc so this will be a 2nd degree for me so just wondering if I need to find 18 NEW UL credits or if my UL credits from my first degree will cover that requirement.

You will need new credits since finishing the other degree as well as UL in psychology. It's only $50 to apply at TESU and they will apply all of your credits from your previous degree and show you in the evaluation what you have left to fulfill. They won't suggest classes but you can have them confirm the classes you want to take from Study or somewhere else and they will. 

This is from the TESU website:
Earning a Second or Successive Baccalaureate Degree
Students who have earned a baccalaureate degree from TESU or an accredited institution recognized under the Thomas Edison State University Transfer Credit Policy and wish to earn an additional baccalaureate degree must:

• Complete a minimum of 24 credits including the required capstone for the degree. These credits must be in the area of study and/or core of the degree. These credits must be earned after the date the most recent degree, regardless of academic level, was conferred.

• Additionally, students must complete all other degree requirements as listed in the current Thomas Edison State University Catalog.
At TESU, the UL credits MUST be in the AOS. Even if you had no prior degree, you could not (for instance) get a Psych degree with 9 UL credits in the AOS and 9 UL credits in the electives.

Also, the capstone counts as UL AOS credit, so you only need to find 15 UL other AOS credits.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(05-31-2022, 01:22 AM)rachel83az Wrote: At TESU, the UL credits MUST be in the AOS. Even if you had no prior degree, you could not (for instance) get a Psych degree with 9 UL credits in the AOS and 9 UL credits in the electives.

Also, the capstone counts as UL AOS credit, so you only need to find 15 UL other AOS credits.

That being said, a lot of TESU degrees have "additional area of study electives" (which can include cognate fields). Since they're considered part of the AOS, those electives will count toward the UL requirement.

For a BA in Psychology, the additional AOS electives section requires 6 credits in any social science (e.g., economics or political science).
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
(05-30-2022, 11:16 PM)dragonwolf Wrote: On the plan you mention needing 18 upper level credits - are these 18 credits in any course OR do they have to be in the AOS (psychology)? 

You need 18cr of UL in the AoS - but none must be new.

You need 24cr of NEW credits - and they must all be in the AoS (because the GE and Free Electives are waived - so the only place to put credits is in the AoS.  But none must be UL.

For Psych, the only UL I think TESU requires is the 2nd 3cr of Social Psych (they want an UL and LL course totaling 6cr for some reason).  Other than that, you can mix-and-match what's new and what's UL.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-30-2022, 11:16 PM)dragonwolf Wrote: You will need new credits since finishing the other degree as well as UL in psychology. It's only $50 to apply at TESU and they will apply all of your credits from your previous degree and show you in the evaluation what you have left to fulfill. They won't suggest classes but you can have them confirm the classes you want to take from Study or somewhere else and they will. 

Unfortunately, my degree is from Canada so it looks like I would have to have the degree evaluated by a third-party service before TESU will look at applying credits so that could cost several hundred $$. I was hoping to get a good idea of classes to start with before applying to any university. Oh well, I guess I'll have to bite that bullet sooner than later.
  • Degree in Progress: BA in Psychology and/or History (in planning)
  • Complete: University of New Brunswick (Canada)  |  BSc Marine Biology (Grad 1998)
Reminder that students who want to avoid SDC as much as possible should follow the degree plan on the wiki:
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(06-06-2022, 11:53 AM)StudiousTraveller Wrote:
(05-30-2022, 11:16 PM)dragonwolf Wrote: You will need new credits since finishing the other degree as well as UL in psychology. It's only $50 to apply at TESU and they will apply all of your credits from your previous degree and show you in the evaluation what you have left to fulfill. They won't suggest classes but you can have them confirm the classes you want to take from Study or somewhere else and they will. 

Unfortunately, my degree is from Canada so it looks like I would have to have the degree evaluated by a third-party service before TESU will look at applying credits so that could cost several hundred $$. I was hoping to get a good idea of classes to start with before applying to any university. Oh well, I guess I'll have to bite that bullet sooner than later.

If you post your credits on here, we can tell you how things will come in.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-09-2022, 09:18 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(06-06-2022, 11:53 AM)StudiousTraveller Wrote:

If you post your credits on here, we can tell you how things will come in.
Thank you. I did that previously in a separate thread so I have a good idea to start with. Just wanted to clarify that UL credit question in this thread.    Smile
  • Degree in Progress: BA in Psychology and/or History (in planning)
  • Complete: University of New Brunswick (Canada)  |  BSc Marine Biology (Grad 1998)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Final UoPeople / University of the People Degree Plan TaraD2020 6 203 04-01-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Free Degree Planning Class & Degree Plans dragonwolf 8 2,362 03-27-2024, 11:36 AM
Last Post: RachelB
  [TESU] BA in Computer Science - Jan 2021 Holmes 30 8,234 01-13-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  [TESU] 1yr BSBA Accounting & Computer Information Systems (dual AOS) [DEC 2021] MuadDib 6 2,346 10-06-2022, 03:29 PM
Last Post: MuadDib
  Excelsior BS in Cybersecurity Degree Plan dragonwolf 12 2,493 07-19-2022, 12:54 PM
Last Post: dragonwolf
  BS in Criminal Justice Degree Plan dragonwolf 8 1,708 07-18-2022, 06:13 PM
  WGU BS in Computer Science Degree Plan dragonwolf 5 1,602 06-23-2022, 12:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU BSBA Degree Plan dragonwolf 2 1,748 05-29-2022, 03:34 PM
  Excelsior Bachelor of Science in Psychology dragonwolf 3 1,169 05-22-2022, 08:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior Degree Plans dragonwolf 0 1,869 05-12-2022, 03:30 PM