Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TESU] BA in Computer Science - Jan 2021
Hello,

Here is the spreadsheet that I created for my degree plan. It is semi-finalized, unofficial degree plan. Hopefully, I will get my TOEFL test soon in order to enroll and make it official.

The spreadsheet contains some colors and other features like how many UL or RA credits are there? It also keeps track of your "done" or "finished" credits and updates its information cells accordingly. The formulae (or formulas) used are very simple and straightforward.

I have not removed the courses that I have done, nor the estimated costs, so that you can see how it works. Feel free to remove, change or update your copy of the spreadsheet.

The colored courses feature is done using the "conditional formatting" feature, so you can always edit it to add more colors for other credits or courses providers.

Finally, I have started this spreadsheet on Google Sheets. However, I had to convert it to Microsoft format ".xlsx" in order to remove my personal data, as Google Sheets will always show my real name. Some minor features were lost during the conversion process though.

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU BA in Computer Science.xlsx (Size: 14.13 KB / Downloads: 527)
[-] The following 2 users Like Holmes's post:
  • arulelan, Pikachu
Hi just a heads up, I found the management information systems TEST at DAVAR academy much easier then doing SDC courses.
Also Straighterline CAlculus looks much easier than Calculus at SDC.
I took MIS in like 20 minutes of studying,
And I think i should be able to bang out calculus quickly as well because it's open book for 70% of the grade. with only one proctored final
[-] The following 2 users Like jsarles's post:
  • MrPanda, Pikachu
(02-15-2021, 01:32 PM)jsarles Wrote: Hi just a heads up, I found the management information systems TEST at DAVAR academy much easier then doing SDC courses.
Also Straighterline CAlculus looks much easier than Calculus at SDC.
I took MIS in like 20 minutes of studying,
And I think i should be able to bang out calculus quickly as well because it's open book for 70% of the grade. with only one proctored final

Does the Davar MIS course come in as a 300 level course?
Yup, it comes in the same as the UL Study.com course, if you're doing two business UL courses at Davar, they're a steal at $129! $99 for both courses +$15/proctor exam and they use RPNow as an option, instead of just using ProctorU like StraighterLine!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Pikachu
Thank you all. I think I will follow your advice. I really apprraciate it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Holmes's post:
  • jsarles
(02-17-2021, 10:47 PM)Holmes Wrote: Thank you all. I think I will follow your advice. I really apprraciate it.

happy to help!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsarles's post:
  • Holmes
(01-28-2021, 05:08 AM)Holmes Wrote: Hello,

Here is the spreadsheet that I created for my degree plan. It is semi-finalized, unofficial degree plan. Hopefully, I will get my TOEFL test soon in order to enroll and make it official.

The spreadsheet contains some colors and other features like how many UL or RA credits are there? It also keeps track of your "done" or "finished" credits and updates its information cells accordingly. The formulae (or formulas) used are very simple and straightforward.

I have not removed the courses that I have done, nor the estimated costs, so that you can see how it works. Feel free to remove, change or update your copy of the spreadsheet.

The colored courses feature is done using the "conditional formatting" feature, so you can always edit it to add more colors for other credits or courses providers.

Finally, I have started this spreadsheet on Google Sheets. However, I had to convert it to Microsoft format ".xlsx" in order to remove my personal data, as Google Sheets will always show my real name. Some minor features were lost during the conversion process though.
Hello Mr,

I'm a new member of this forum.
I have a question.
If I finish all the courses that you recommended above, how long that I will study at TESU for the CS degree? Does TESU has offer full online CS degree? And how much for the tuition fee?

Regards
(06-29-2021, 02:12 AM)luxury33 Wrote: Hello Mr,

I have a question.
If I finish all the courses that you recommended above, how long that I will study at TESU for the CS degree? Does TESU has offer full online CS degree? And how much for the tuition fee?

Regards

The length of time depends on the student. Some are able to complete everything except for the capstone/cornerstone in a matter of months. For others, you might expect a year or a year and a half. All of the CS degree can be completed online.

Cost for the degree is roughly as follows:
Application fee: $50
Medical Terminology TECEP to fully enroll (it is not necessary to take this exam, only to pay for it): $50
4 months of Sophia: $316
24 regionally accredited credits: $1500
InstantCert's American Government: $45
10 classes at Study.com: $800-$1000
6 credits from TESU: $3114
Residency waiver fee for not taking at least 16 credits at TESU: $3192
Graduation fee: $298
=========================
Total approximate cost: $9600

This can be a little bit higher or a little bit lower depending on a number of factors. But this is a good "average" cost estimate.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • luxury33, Pikachu
(06-29-2021, 04:38 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(06-29-2021, 02:12 AM)luxury33 Wrote: Hello Mr,

I have a question.

Regards

The length of time depends on the student. Some are able to complete everything except for the capstone/cornerstone in a matter of months. For others, you might expect a year or a year and a half. All of the CS degree can be completed online.

Cost for the degree is roughly as follows:
Application fee: $50
Medical Terminology TECEP to fully enroll (it is not necessary to take this exam, only to pay for it): $50
4 months of Sophia: $316
24 regionally accredited credits: $1500
InstantCert's American Government: $45
10 classes at Study.com: $800-$1000
6 credits from TESU: $3114
Residency waiver fee for not taking at least 16 credits at TESU: $3192
Graduation fee: $298
=========================
Total approximate cost: $9600

This can be a little bit higher or a little bit lower depending on a number of factors. But this is a good "average" cost estimate.
Small update,  I found straighterline calculus way easier than sdc calculus.  Finished in one month with no issues by using the Ti-nspire calculator, that calculator isn't allowed for sdc so that makes the sdc course much harder.
[-] The following 3 users Like SlyToxicPanda's post:
  • MrPanda, Pikachu, rachel83az
(06-29-2021, 09:53 AM)SlyToxicPanda Wrote: Small update,  I found straighterline calculus way easier than sdc calculus.  Finished in one month with no issues by using the Ti-nspire calculator, that calculator isn't allowed for sdc so that makes the sdc course much harder.

Is it any graphing calculator or is there a list of specific calculators that are allowed? https://www.straighterline.com/how-it-wo...g-details/ only says "graphing calculator".
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior Bachelor of Science in Business dragonwolf 11 2,404 11-21-2023, 06:05 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts dragonwolf 10 2,421 10-23-2023, 03:10 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  [TESU] 1yr BSBA Accounting & Computer Information Systems (dual AOS) [DEC 2021] MuadDib 6 2,365 10-06-2022, 03:29 PM
Last Post: MuadDib
  WGU BS in Computer Science Degree Plan dragonwolf 5 1,630 06-23-2022, 12:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU BA in Psychology Degree Plan dragonwolf 9 1,961 06-09-2022, 11:22 AM
Last Post: StudiousTraveller
  TESU BSBA Degree Plan dragonwolf 2 1,767 05-29-2022, 03:34 PM
Last Post: dragonwolf
  Excelsior Bachelor of Science in Psychology dragonwolf 3 1,187 05-22-2022, 08:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  WGU BSSD/TESU BSBA-CIS GizmoJack 10 3,388 09-11-2021, 01:19 PM
Last Post: GizmoJack
  TESU - BA Liberal Studies harrypotter 3 2,524 04-25-2021, 08:43 AM
Last Post: P226mem
  [TESU] BA Computer Science & Psychology - June 2020 scorpion 11 5,082 07-23-2020, 01:26 PM
Last Post: ajs1976a