Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU BSSD/TESU BSBA-CIS
When I first started my studies, it was important to me to have a plan in place so I could stay motivated, complete my degree quickly, and make sure the courses I took would actually transfer for the degree. I spent at least a month trying to figure out what to do and how to get started. 

I searched this forum and others for plans and found a number of spreadsheet examples but none worked for me so I took a little of what I liked from each and created my own spreadsheet. I am posting it here in case there is someone else out there that needs a template to get started.  

My original major was the BSBA-CIS from TESU but, for a number of reasons, I recently switched to WGU and the BSSD program. This spreadsheet reflects plans for both degrees but can be easily modified to your school/plan.  Hopefully this will shorten the learning curve for someone.  Your comments and questions are welcomed.

Attached Files
.xlsx   2021 Degree Plan2.xlsx (Size: 126.15 KB / Downloads: 279)
WGU MBA 2022
WGU BSBA IT Management 2021
I'm done with school for a while. Time to go make some $ now!

[-] The following 4 users Like GizmoJack's post:
  • allvia, katsiki, Merlin, rachel83az
(09-05-2020, 03:16 AM)GizmoJack Wrote: When I first started my studies, it was important to me to have a plan in place so I could stay motivated, complete my degree quickly, and make sure the courses I took would actually transfer for the degree. I spent at least a month trying to figure out what to do and how to get started. 

I searched this forum and others for plans and found a number of spreadsheet examples but none worked for me so I took a little of what I liked from each and created my own spreadsheet. I am posting it here in case there is someone else out there that needs a template to get started.  

My original major was the BSBA-CIS from TESU but, for a number of reasons, I recently switched to WGU and the BSSD program. This spreadsheet reflects plans for both degrees but can be easily modified to your school/plan.  Hopefully this will shorten the learning curve for someone.  Your comments and questions are welcomed.

Thank you for sharing! This really helps a lot.
(09-05-2020, 11:32 AM)rbellak@gmail.com Wrote:
(09-05-2020, 03:16 AM)GizmoJack Wrote: When I first started my studies, it was important to me to have a plan in place so I could stay motivated, complete my degree quickly, and make sure the courses I took would actually transfer for the degree. I spent at least a month trying to figure out what to do and how to get started. 

Thank you for sharing! This really helps a lot.

My pleasure!   Cool
WGU MBA 2022

That was a nice spreadsheet, I didn't know the pricing was that much more at TESU vs WGU, no wonder you made the switch.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • nomaduser
(09-06-2020, 01:54 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That was a nice spreadsheet, I didn't know the pricing was that much more at TESU vs WGU, no wonder you made the switch.

Well, after looking at the numbers again, I noticed that the costs for the two TESU classes, (Info Literacy and the Capstone) were accidentally added twice so deduct $2274, making the degree cost around $8600 in this example.
WGU MBA 2022

Just wanted to say thanks to the OP for the spreadsheet. I'm going to be going for a BSSD at WGU as well, so a lot of this helps me see options. I'm curious though, it seems like there's about $600 in external costs that I don't see where it's coming from?
[-] The following 1 user Likes JB33's post:
  • GizmoJack
(09-10-2021, 08:23 PM)JB33 Wrote: Just wanted to say thanks to the OP for the spreadsheet. I'm going to be going for a BSSD at WGU as well, so a lot of this helps me see options. I'm curious though, it seems like there's about $600 in external costs that I don't see where it's coming from?

Actually it is an extra $685. This amount was for courses I took from Study.com, Sophia, etc. that TESU accepted but WGU would not accept for transfer after I switched schools and majors. Since I DID spend the money, I added the cost of those credits so I would have an accurate total of money spent even if I couldn't use the credits at WGU.

I actually switched majors again to BSITM at WGU and after transferring in 53 credits, I was able to complete the degree in 4 months so yeah, all totaled, the degree costs me just under $6K.

This spreadsheet is over a year old now. The WGU numbers are pretty much accurate however in March 2021, TESU changed from accepting up to 114 ACE credits to a max of only 90 credits so the costs of a TESU degree will be higher than what's in this spreadsheet.
WGU MBA 2022

(09-10-2021, 09:41 PM)GizmoJack Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 08:23 PM)JB33 Wrote: Just wanted to say thanks to the OP for the spreadsheet. I'm going to be going for a BSSD at WGU as well, so a lot of this helps me see options. I'm curious though, it seems like there's about $600 in external costs that I don't see where it's coming from?

Actually it is an extra $685. This amount was for courses I took from Study.com, Sophia, etc. that TESU accepted but WGU would not accept for transfer after I switched schools and majors. Since I DID spend the money, I added the cost of those credits so I would have an accurate total of money spent even if I couldn't use the credits at WGU.

I actually switched majors again to BSITM at WGU and after transferring in 53 credits, I was able to complete the degree in 4 months so yeah, all totaled, the degree costs me just under $6K.

This spreadsheet is over a year old now. The WGU numbers are pretty much accurate however in March 2021, TESU changed from accepting up to 114 ACE credits to a max of only 90 credits so the costs of a TESU degree will be higher than what's in this spreadsheet.

Ah, alright. Thanks for the explanation. What happened to cause you to switch to BSITM?
(09-10-2021, 09:56 PM)JB33 Wrote:

Ah, alright. Thanks for the explanation. What happened to cause you to switch to BSITM?

While I enjoy coding, software engineering would have been a career shift for me and basically starting over. I have 20+ years in management and when my boss learned I had returned to school, a promotion and $45K raise from was waiting if I got the degree. I couldn't get that degree fast enough, Lol! My employer kept her word so I feel I made the right decision. Working on the MBA now. No extra pay in it (at least not from this employer) but I'm paid well and doing the grad degree more for personal satisfaction now.
WGU MBA 2022

[-] The following 1 user Likes GizmoJack's post:
  • katsiki
(09-10-2021, 10:15 PM)GizmoJack Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 09:56 PM)JB33 Wrote:

While I enjoy coding, software engineering would have been a career shift for me and basically starting over. I have 20+ years in management and when my boss learned I had returned to school, a promotion and $45K raise from was waiting if I got the degree. I couldn't get that degree fast enough, Lol! My employer kept her word so I feel I made the right decision. Working on the MBA now. No extra pay in it (at least not from this employer) but I'm paid well and doing the grad degree more for personal satisfaction now.

Ah, that makes complete sense and congrats! I'll be pursuing the software development degree for sure. I'm mainly looking for a degree to open more doors for employment as a developer with under five years experience and no degree is quite limiting.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [TESU] BA in Computer Science - Jan 2021 Holmes 30 8,233 01-13-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  [TESU] 1yr BSBA Accounting & Computer Information Systems (dual AOS) [DEC 2021] MuadDib 6 2,346 10-06-2022, 03:29 PM
Last Post: MuadDib
  TESU BA in Psychology Degree Plan dragonwolf 9 1,935 06-09-2022, 11:22 AM
Last Post: StudiousTraveller
  TESU BSBA Degree Plan dragonwolf 2 1,746 05-29-2022, 03:34 PM
Last Post: dragonwolf
  TESU - BA Liberal Studies harrypotter 3 2,509 04-25-2021, 08:43 AM
Last Post: P226mem
  [TESU] BA Computer Science & Psychology - June 2020 scorpion 11 5,051 07-23-2020, 01:26 PM
Last Post: ajs1976a
  [TESU] BA - Computer Science (updated 5/27/2020) ***Sample Thread / Instructions*** sgloer 0 1,801 05-27-2020, 09:10 AM
Last Post: sgloer