Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TESU] BA in Computer Science - Jan 2021
(09-24-2021, 09:19 PM)Pats20 Wrote: So I am looking for some advice. I believe I’ve read on this forum that ASU earned admissions business calculus transfers in to tesu as calc 1. If I take this course over Asu’s calc 1 could/ would it effect admissions to an MSCS if I should decide to go? Should I take the Slightly easier course now to expedite the BA degree process Or just suck it up and take the harder course ? At this point I’m not 100% sure I’m going to pursue a MSCS but I sure Don’t want to have to go back and take calc 1 later on because i wasted my time and cheaped out now. or will it not matter since it satisfied calc 1 requirement for the BA ?

It shouldn't matter at all. Calculus is Calculus. If you're really worried about it, you could take their slightly harder calculus and that also transfers in as Calc 1. They're both only $25 to attempt, so if you don't like the grade that you get then you don't have to pay $400 and it won't show up on your transcript.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(01-28-2021, 05:08 AM)Holmes Wrote: Hello,

Here is the spreadsheet that I created for my degree plan. It is semi-finalized, unofficial degree plan. Hopefully, I will get my TOEFL test soon in order to enroll and make it official.

The spreadsheet contains some colors and other features like how many UL or RA credits are there? It also keeps track of your "done" or "finished" credits and updates its information cells accordingly. The formulae (or formulas) used are very simple and straightforward.

I have not removed the courses that I have done, nor the estimated costs, so that you can see how it works. Feel free to remove, change or update your copy of the spreadsheet.

The colored courses feature is done using the "conditional formatting" feature, so you can always edit it to add more colors for other credits or courses providers.

Finally, I have started this spreadsheet on Google Sheets. However, I had to convert it to Microsoft format ".xlsx" in order to remove my personal data, as Google Sheets will always show my real name. Some minor features were lost during the conversion process though.

Hey what exactly does SDC stand for? Tried Googling it but the only stuff that comes up can't be it Big Grin
SDC is short for study.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes speedrunner's post:
  • serialki111er
(02-15-2021, 01:32 PM)jsarles Wrote: Hi just a heads up, I found the management information systems TEST at DAVAR academy much easier then doing SDC courses.

Based on your advice, I have purchased the davar academy course. However, I feel a bit lost. The required textbook is huge. There is no way that reading it is easier than doing the usual SDC! At the same time, the pdf/powerpoint file that they offer seems insuffecient and is not that easy either (some slides are just like notes without much explanation, the whole structure is messy, ... etc).

How did you prepare for the exam? Could you please help? Are the quiz files enough?
Holmes Wrote:
jsarles Wrote:Hi just a heads up, I found the management information systems TEST at DAVAR academy much easier then doing SDC courses.

Based on your advice, I have purchased the davar academy course. However, I feel a bit lost. The required textbook is huge. There is no way that reading it is easier than doing the usual SDC! At the same time, the pdf/powerpoint file that they offer seems insuffecient and is not that easy either (some slides are just like notes without much explanation, the whole structure is messy, ... etc).

How did you prepare for the exam? Could you please help? Are the quiz files enough?

Skip the recommended textbook, it's just recommended for reading for extra knowledge/subject matter info... The main thing is to review the PDF/Powerpoint and any other info they provide you, the exams are all going to be using those contents, if you know it well after reviewing a few times - you're golden. That is all it is, for the bulk of their courses, some will have short assignments/essays.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Holmes, Pikachu
^^ I have taken SDC courses, davar, cleps, and dsst exams. Davar were the easiest. Just read through the pdf, don't bother with the textbook. I learned about Davar through this forum and they were a life saver and allowed me to knock out several upper level finance courses I needed.
As always your mileage may vary, but I briefly reviewed the pdf study notes for an hour or two and then took the test and passed with no major issues.

I got an 81 on this exam with two days of studying.

I'm not sure how long I studied but I bought the exam and took it within two days.
[-] The following 2 users Like jsarles's post:
  • Holmes, Pikachu
(06-30-2021, 12:00 AM)LevelUP Wrote:
(06-29-2021, 12:10 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Thanks! That is very useful. I'm considering trying to CLEP Calculus and then going with SL if I can't pass the CLEP.

Calculus is a serious course.  This isn't like a history course where you just memorize a bunch of facts. 

Colleges use calculus as a filter to weed out students.  It's a landmine, and you need to avoid getting your leg blown off.

To put this in perspective, colleges report a 50% dropout rate related to Calculus
https://studyplaces.com/how-hard-is-calc...t-answers/

I forget the exact number but at least 25% of engineering students drop out because of this one class.  One-half of WGU's math department is devoted just to helping students get through that one Calculus class. 

That SL Calculus course expires July 31st.  If you want to take any chance of that course going away and you becoming fked than be my guest but don't say we didn't warn you.

Taking calculus in Study.com, CLEP, whatever is wasting your time in my opinion.  Get through the SL Calculus course, save your sanity and move on with life.

Take notes & write down every single formula you do.  Break it down into little steps and you get through it with a 90%+ success rate.  Follow the proven path, don't go wandering in the woods in random directions hoping to get somewhere.

Get a Nspire CAS calculator

Get a Nspire CAS calculator

Get a Nspire CAS calculator  (yes I said it 3 times)

A few of these courses I'm a bit emotional about as I went through literally hell to get through them.

End of rant and 755 of 1000 analogies completed.

I´m seeing this model at a lower price than the other Nspire CAS calculators, and they deliver to Peru, would this one be a good one?

Texas Instruments TI Nspire Graphing Calculator with Nspire & TI-84 Plus Keypads - Yellow "School Edition"

I´m planning to take Calculus II at straighterline.

[Image: 813-ZIRQxb-OL.jpg]
I ended getting an used one:

Texas Instruments TI-Nspire Graphing Calculator TI-84 for Calculus 2 in Straighterline

USD$ 34.25 including shipping to Peru

[Image: s-l1600.jpg]

I also ordered a new one for Calculus III in Westcott:

Texas Instruments TI-30Xa

USD$ 23 includding shipping to Peru

[Image: s-l1600.jpg]

For Calculus I in Saylor, I got a Casio Fx-82ms -2nd Edition here, for USD$ 9.

[Image: D_NQ_NP_2X_905437-MPE48964138252_012022-F.webp]
Since the calculator that I use for my personal use, in a daily basis, is a financial one (TI BAII Plus Professional), and I´m not allowed to use that one for Calculus I in Saylor.

Here is the spreadsheet that I created for my degree plan. It is semi-finalized, unofficial degree plan. Hopefully, I will get my TOEFL test soon in order to enroll and make it official.

The spreadsheet contains some colors and other features like how many UL or RA credits are there? It also keeps track of your "done" or "finished" credits and updates its information cells accordingly. The formulae (or formulas) used are very simple and straightforward.

I have not removed the courses that I have done, nor the estimated costs, so that you can see how it works. Feel free to remove, change or update your copy of the spreadsheet.

The colored courses feature is done using the "conditional formatting" feature, so you can always edit it to add more colors for other credits or courses providers.

Finally, I have started this spreadsheet on Google Sheets. However, I had to convert it to Microsoft format ".xlsx" in order to remove my personal data, as Google Sheets will always show my real name. Some minor features were lost during the conversion process though.

Hi, is this degree plan up to date?? How did it go for you?
(01-13-2023, 02:18 PM)leviacke Wrote:

Hi, is this degree plan up to date?? How did it go for you?

I think this degree plan is going to be a bit out of date. Check out the wiki for the most up-to-date options. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior Bachelor of Science in Business dragonwolf 11 2,283 11-21-2023, 06:05 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts dragonwolf 10 2,331 10-23-2023, 03:10 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  [TESU] 1yr BSBA Accounting & Computer Information Systems (dual AOS) [DEC 2021] MuadDib 6 2,296 10-06-2022, 03:29 PM
Last Post: MuadDib
  WGU BS in Computer Science Degree Plan dragonwolf 5 1,560 06-23-2022, 12:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU BA in Psychology Degree Plan dragonwolf 9 1,884 06-09-2022, 11:22 AM
Last Post: StudiousTraveller
  TESU BSBA Degree Plan dragonwolf 2 1,705 05-29-2022, 03:34 PM
Last Post: dragonwolf
  Excelsior Bachelor of Science in Psychology dragonwolf 3 1,139 05-22-2022, 08:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  WGU BSSD/TESU BSBA-CIS GizmoJack 10 3,279 09-11-2021, 01:19 PM
Last Post: GizmoJack
  TESU - BA Liberal Studies harrypotter 3 2,487 04-25-2021, 08:43 AM
Last Post: P226mem
  [TESU] BA Computer Science & Psychology - June 2020 scorpion 11 4,996 07-23-2020, 01:26 PM
Last Post: ajs1976a