(05-31-2023, 11:41 PM)Kab Wrote: I agree that something in the order of degrees (like ignoring a Bachelor) sounds fishy...
I was arguing about the cheapest options. I agree with your logic on the loophole thing for not looking first on a bachelor. You need the education process to make a good job later in life and not just the paper showing the degree.
About the NA universities. Outside USA in many countries NA are not Universities "per se" and their degrees are not academic degrees. So they do not count for academic purposes. But this forum has showed that exist other ways to get RA degrees cheap and should not be a problem to get a BA or BSc if somebody wants to put the time and effort.
A lot of these countries' education authorities are old and had rules written long before the now defunct NA-RA paradigm existed in the United States. Back then, only regional accreditation existed, and when national accreditation did begin to show up, it would be a long time until full degrees were even offered. With no incentive for foreign ED departments to change the language, the requirement for a "regionally accredited degree" remained and stuck the way humans tend to have things stick over time. But usually, refusal to accept degrees once deemed "nationally accredited" is mostly found in Anglosphere nations and some in the EU. Outside of that, nobody is making a deal of this internationally.
I'm glad the NA-RA paradigm has been phased out of recognition by the U.S. Department of Education. It sucks, always sucked, and isn't necessary. A school is either good or bad based on how its administration operates it, not because of the already fed-authorized accreditor it's with. Having studied with a number of schools of both accreditation designations, I know this first-hand. I've had bad experiences at RA schools and good experiences at NA schools, and vice versa.
As an aside, even all RA schools are not accepted everywhere on earth. The Anabin in Germany has had several RA schools that we highly respect in its database as not being acceptable. One was a very respected Medical School. Why is that? Who knows, but I'm sure they have/had their reasons.


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)