Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Is UMPI too outdated?
#5
(07-07-2023, 11:38 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @kliezert, And that's the reason you want to take a look at the requirements for each state, especially the state you want to get the CPA from...  We recently have had members complete their UMPI and are in the process of getting/going for their CPA, not many (if anyone) has mentioned that the courses are 'outdated'.  

Basically, You want to verify with the state their CPA requirements, such as GPA, number of credits, amount of years max for current courses (so the subject isn't that out of date), someone mentioned their state required an 'Accounting Info Systems' course that isn't offered at UMPI and had to take it elsewhere...

I reviewed several state requirements. Based on the info I gathered I see no reason UMPI's courses wouldn't be accepted plus I'll be pursuing a masters. I suppose I'm more concerned with ensuring I'm learning up-to-date information and will not possess a knowledge gap when I go on to a masters program. I've contacted some members who completed the accounting programs so hopefully, they can clear up my hesitation. Thanks for the feedback.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Is UMPI too outdated? - by kliezert - 07-07-2023, 05:15 PM
RE: Is UMPI too outdated? - by Tswede - 07-07-2023, 07:33 PM
RE: Is UMPI too outdated? - by kliezert - 07-07-2023, 08:47 PM
RE: Is UMPI too outdated? - by bjcheung77 - 07-07-2023, 11:38 PM
RE: Is UMPI too outdated? - by kliezert - 07-08-2023, 01:27 AM
RE: Is UMPI too outdated? - by rvm - 07-08-2023, 10:22 AM
RE: Is UMPI too outdated? - by bjcheung77 - 07-08-2023, 12:09 PM
RE: Is UMPI too outdated? - by MasterShu - 07-09-2023, 01:41 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI's under review by NECHE?? GoBroncos95 29 3,358 09-27-2026, 06:34 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  UMPI Master of Science in Business Jonathan Whatley 102 53,667 09-08-2026, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Easiest Natural Science UMPI Course? LevelUP 5 1,112 09-06-2026, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  UMPI Proposing 90-Credit YourPace BLS and Applied Psychology BA Jonathan Whatley 39 14,928 08-16-2026, 09:07 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI CBE Master’s in Human Services Planned, and MHA Still Happening Jonathan Whatley 8 2,164 08-14-2026, 10:20 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  Credits for DSST exams at UMPI any4yeardegree 7 1,421 08-14-2026, 01:20 AM
Last Post: daydream
  UMPI Your Pace New General Education Requirements Fall 2026 (New Degree Plan) LevelUP 8 4,310 08-13-2026, 07:14 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  UMPI YourPace Fall 2026 majors - clarification request lauramichele1 0 777 08-12-2026, 05:15 PM
Last Post: lauramichele1
  UMPI Article: Rebuilding Trust in Higher Ed Using CBE LevelUP 4 933 07-29-2026, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Swiss Cognac
  Discontinued Minors At UMPI... RIP MIS, BA & Management Swiss Cognac 4 1,518 07-28-2026, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)