Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New here; intrigued, slightly confused and overwhelmed
#18
I think I would definitely have to study some more in some courses but I don't see why I can't do it. If for some reason I just can't, I will keep in mind that I could transfer off to TESU, however, for the moment, I do not accept failure. I feel like today is easier to learn things even though I am older, especially when you can make chatGPT your personal trainer (although it can definitely give wrong answers, especially in programming). Older but I no longer think and process the same way I did when I was younger.

@davewill I am 31 and while I'm not particularly old, I have been out of school for around 11 years. Having said that, I also have more life, real world, training / studying for job experiences. Like you said, I think I could do it. I have some insecurities for sure, but if I don't try, I will never know.

I plan on focusing hard on my weakness courses (which will definitely be the english ones) and will do whatever I can. I am less insecure than when I was younger tho. Now I could use chatGPT to help explain various things.

Either way, I will take it 1 step at a time with the goal to graduate this WGU program. I think it could be quite useful for my career and life.

(03-20-2024, 12:46 PM)davewill Wrote: @jobjoe285,

You don't mention how old or how far out of school you are, but my observation of returning adult students as been that they are often much better students (and more motivated) the second time around.

People who "can't write" or "can't do math" end up finding that if they put in the effort required, that they CAN do these courses and master the material. I recommend you try to put aside your insecurities and just take each course as it comes. Put in the study time, and pay attention to rubrics and instructions so you do the assignments correctly and I bet you'll find that you will get consistent results.

By the way, I noticed your signature. Does TESU also have a bachelor of software engineering? How was it for you?
[-] The following 1 user Likes jobojoe285's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: New here; intrigued, slightly confused and overwhelmed - by jobojoe285 - 03-20-2024, 01:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feeling overwhelmed JerBear3000 2 1,589 09-12-2024, 07:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Sad New member overwhelmed by the all infos... TR_mahmutpek 3 1,652 06-17-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Confused about ACE transcripts bethanyneedsajob 5 3,767 03-16-2019, 01:19 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  I'm a little confused. jclarkc 2 1,913 02-22-2019, 06:06 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Overwhelmed Newbie! Where to start? CiggyTardust 15 6,846 01-08-2019, 11:05 AM
Last Post: mysonx3
  I'm ready, but overwhelmed! sony732 31 11,445 09-12-2018, 01:18 PM
Last Post: davewill
Sad [CLEP BIOLOGY] InstaCert Error? Or am I just confused? aimiminas 3 2,905 04-12-2018, 10:48 AM
Last Post: aimiminas
  Need a direction...overwhelmed dfsquare 3 2,927 10-21-2017, 01:32 PM
Last Post: High_Order1
  New Member that's interested yet confused... Help please :) Crawdad1075 14 13,535 04-20-2017, 09:58 PM
Last Post: a2jc4life
  Confused about options Redhead123 4 2,508 02-07-2017, 07:48 PM
Last Post: dfrecore

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)