Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Virginia University of Lynchburg Accreditation on Warning
#55
(03-31-2024, 02:41 PM)michaeladsmith2 Wrote: I want to address a point that was raised on the forum regarding my educational background. It was mentioned that my progression from a Diploma to two foreign Masters (ENEB) and then to an accredited US Doctoral degree seemed suspicious.

I want to clarify that there are accredited UK schools that allow experienced professionals with 7+ years of leadership, management, or human resources experience to enroll in their MBA programs without a Bachelor's degree. I began my MBA journey at the University of Wales - Trinity Saint David and later chose ENEB/Ui1 due to cost considerations.

Several UK schools, such as Ducere Global Business School (https://ducere.education), who partner with ONLY accredited schools worldwide, offer MBA programs without a Bachelor's degree requirement.

ENEB is aware that their degree may not be recognized worldwide on its own, which is why they issue both an ENEB degree and a Universidad Isabel I degree. Universidad Isabel I is an accredited university listed on The World Higher Education Database, giving schools like VUL the right to accept it as a valid credential. One school I applied to only asked if Ui1 was on the WHED. They didn't need an FCE. 

In conclusion, VUL and other institutions have the authority to accept a Masters degree from an accredited university like Universidad Isabel I, even without additional documentations such as a NACES FCE or Validential FCE.

This will be my final post on this subject. I have clarified my point on several posts. If this is not enough to squash this debate, because of people's personal need to be superior or argue a mute point, then there's nothing more to say.  

In my mind, this isn't about you Dr. Smith! This is about a Virginia school accepting graduate credits that were evaluated at the bachelor level by a NACES-approved evaluator that were counted towards the 90 graduate credit requirements for the award of a doctoral degree in the Commonwealth of Virginia. This is not a national issue but a state policy developed by the Virginia Council on Higher Education. I'm positive all these evaluators have disclaimers saying the institution, government, education board, employer, etc., may reserve the right to accept or reject their evaluation. VUL accepted it. However, I'm not convinced that the Virginia Council of Higher Education, upon audit, will accept it towards their 90 graduate credit requirements for the issuance of a doctoral degree in the Commonwealth of Virginia. I hope I am wrong.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Virginia University of Lynchburg Accreditation on Warning - by Airamb - 03-31-2024, 03:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PhD in Applied Data Science - Eastern University rafars 39 10,879 09-27-2026, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Max13
  Anyone attend California Coast University for a doctorate? GoBroncos95 23 2,477 09-25-2026, 08:43 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  European International University basu888 254 99,971 09-10-2026, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Sagan
  Liberty University First Responder Discount no longer for doctorates FireMedic_Philosopher 3 805 08-06-2026, 01:17 PM
Last Post: newdegree
  Fast, Cheap PhD Programs at Southeastern University sanantone 28 5,259 08-01-2026, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  University of London Online PhD in Social Sciences Jonathan Whatley 3 1,701 06-23-2026, 11:16 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Lewis University Online DEng in Data Science Jonathan Whatley 8 1,530 06-16-2026, 02:33 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Eastern University Upcoming CBE PhD in Professional Practice Jonathan Whatley 6 1,621 06-10-2026, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Docu
  Oklahoma State University DHA Experiences swlearner71 22 17,534 06-09-2026, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kjnova
  GlobalNxt University wow 0 837 05-12-2026, 11:56 AM
Last Post: wow

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)