Hello everyone, finding this forum and the wealth of information has been tremendously helpful so firstly thank you all for info so far..
Now I have a question:
Your Location: BC, Canada
Your Age: 35
What kind of degree do you want?: Any Business or General Degree with IT
Current Regional Accredited Credits: Unsure, previously obtained a diploma of 60 credits from Ontario, Canada but unsure if it is transferable to USA
Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits: 0
Provider Total Credits: 0
Class Name, Credits, Grade
Any certifications or military experience? No
I am a Canadian currently working full time in a field unrelated to IT with an unrelated diploma from Ontario.
I am looking to switch career toward IT and that's why I am wanting to get a degree with IT Minor and/or a BAS with IT concentration.
Through researching the forum, I've found that there are two paths to take through UMPI that seems to be relatively quick and easy..
Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions as to which path is "better" in the sense that it may be quicker/cheaper/easier ?
Now I have a question:
Your Location: BC, Canada
Your Age: 35
What kind of degree do you want?: Any Business or General Degree with IT
Current Regional Accredited Credits: Unsure, previously obtained a diploma of 60 credits from Ontario, Canada but unsure if it is transferable to USA
Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits: 0
Provider Total Credits: 0
Class Name, Credits, Grade
Any certifications or military experience? No
I am a Canadian currently working full time in a field unrelated to IT with an unrelated diploma from Ontario.
I am looking to switch career toward IT and that's why I am wanting to get a degree with IT Minor and/or a BAS with IT concentration.
Through researching the forum, I've found that there are two paths to take through UMPI that seems to be relatively quick and easy..
- 1. Take as many required courses on Sophia and Study.com according to the degree wiki and then apply directly to UMPI BLS program and focus on courses toward a concentration in management information systems.
- 2. Have my diploma assessed through WES, and then applying through Pierpont, then take any required courses, obtain the associate degree and then finally applying to UMPI using the AAS from pierpont.
Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions as to which path is "better" in the sense that it may be quicker/cheaper/easier ?


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)