(05-28-2024, 04:38 PM)ss20ts Wrote:(05-28-2024, 03:09 PM)sanantone Wrote: I have job alerts for all online instructor job openings posted on Indeed and for several different fields on Higher Ed Jobs. Some institutions have stopped specifying that they require regional accreditation while others still list it as a requirement.
The problem I have with VUL is that they lie to students and say that it's illegal now for an employer to require regional accreditation. It is not. I still haven't come across a VUL DHA graduate who is a professor or instructor at an RA school in a job that requires a doctorate. I've come across some who became professors with a regionally accredited master's degree prior to starting VUL or at the beginning of their DHA program. VUL told me that some of their graduates have become professors. It would help if they posted those examples on their website.
I searched for "regionally accredited" on Indeed, and there were 6,143 results mostly in higher education.
ashkir is now teaching at U of the P. Maybe that's what VUL is referring to? Or maybe they're just blowing smoke.
University of the People only requires a master's degree. I was offered a job there years before completing a doctorate. Plus, University of the People is nationally accredited, and they don't have real instructor employees; they have volunteers. I think the president was lying just like she lied about it being illegal to require regional accreditation. After that phone call, I knew something was shady with the administration. I don't even think they had DHA graduates yet or not that many. She might have been referring to their DMin.
The crazy part was I didn't call the president; she called me because I told people on social media that national accreditation limits teaching options. One of her spies gave her my information. When I answered the phone, she asked me, "Is there a problem?" That is the most insane, unprofessional thing I've experienced from an accredited university. What is she going to do? Fly to Texas and fight me? LOL
This comment was made on this article in 2016.
https://jbhe.com/2016/04/the-new-preside...lynchburg/
"I have always been proud of the history of VUL. However, I feel that this appointment is not for the good of the institution. Dr. Franklin has served in numerous capacities, and sadly has executed a level of nepotism as it relates to hiring practices that is most unprofessional and unethical. It is a public knowledge that her boyfriend was hired as the Director of Institutional Effectiveness prior to having earned a bachelors degree, and is by all means unqualified for such a position. Furthermore, numerous members of her family have been hired without appropriate experience or credentials for the positions in which they hold. There is has been severe mismanagement of funds, even federal funds. Numerous lawsuits have been filed against the institution, faculty teach in areas in which they are not qualified, degrees conferred without standards being met. Yes it is true, this is a historic appointment, but it is a disgrace to a history that has produced some of the greatest educators, ministers, missionaries, and public servants, particularly African-American, that this nation has ever seen."
This is getting juicy. Here's an article from 2017. Students wanted the president to step down, and she was accused of using school funds as her personal bank account.
https://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/Stude...55583.html
There is more! The current president was provost prior to getting promoted to president in 2016. People were calling for her to be fired in 2013. A few years prior to 2013, VUL had been under federal investigation. They hired a coach and a director who had convictions and charges for violent crimes. The director appears to be the same man the commenter above said was the president's boyfriend. A common theme is accusations of mismanagement of funds and theft. VUL was put on probation in 2013. This is twice that they've been put on probation under the leadership of Dr. Franklin. She needs to be fired.
https://wset.com/archive/vuls-president-...university
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)