Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science / AAS Applied Computer Studies
#3
(07-24-2024, 11:53 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: My goodness, gracious!  You're amazing, that was awesome, so many credits!  Anyways, here's a hidden secret that I rarely tell people, you can get the AS Computer Science and the AAS Applied Computer Studies using the same classes you take from the balanced mix/match of Coursera, Sophia.org, Study.com, TEEX, etc, as long as the classes don't overlap!

AS Comp Sci
Computer Science Requirements (27 Credits)
- Computer Science Electives 18
- Natural Science, Computer Science, or Math Electives 9

Applied Computer Studies Requirements (21 Credits)
Complete 18 credits in the Applied Computer Studies area and the 3 credit Capstone course.

Now get this, you can also add the AS Math plus the AAS Environmental, Safety, and Security Technologies added to the two above (actually, I recommend, it'll be asking for these two and adding the AS Comp Sci and AAS Applied Comp Studies as second areas of study to your AS, AAS).  The AS does not have a capstone, the AAS has a capstone requirement though.  

Last but not least, if you're getting another Bachelors, you might as well add as many certs that you can along with this... Max the ROI/Value with the cost of capstones and try to skip the residency waiver fee by taking the max of 15 credits for residency.

Why thank you so much , to be honest the courses were quick and easy haha wish I knew all this stuff when I graduate high school over 10 years ago. 

My main question is does TESU have a transfer credit policy for associates degrees? I couldn’t find much information on this. Also since I pretty much got all the degree requirements for the associates degree I wonder if they will take all 60 credits and what fees will I have to pay if any ? I’m sure they just won’t give me a degree for free lol. I am just trying to play around with credits. I saw I can get a bachelors in health science or bachelors of professional studies with a concentration in business and management over at excelsior university pretty much almost done about 4-5 courses only needed (I could take study.com classes or take them in other colleges to meet the requirement).

Eventually I was thinking of going for a bachelors in computer science and a bachelors in political science from TESU but I have so many degrees on my plate right now I have lined up. I just jumped into another doctoral program because I took a pause on my EVMS program. Also planning on applying to Jacksonville state university masters in integrated studies and another masters degree in Nutrition over at North West Missouri State University maybe in the next two or three years. In the long term I do plan on doing UMPI MAOL eventually.
Degrees In Progress
Education Specialist Degree (EdS)
Completed Degrees
Doctor of Science in Public Safety '25
Doctor of Healthcare Administration '22
Masters of Business Administration '22
Masters of Public Administration '19
Masters of Arts in Urban Affairs '17
Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice '16
Bachelor of Science in Police Studies '14
Graduate Certificate in Criminal Investigations '15
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: TESU ASNSM in Computer Science / AAS Applied Computer Studies - by newdegree - 07-25-2024, 12:22 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UK-based, 25yr IT pro, planning TESU BS Cybersecurity — plan sanity check smilingbuddha 4 1,576 09-26-2026, 12:31 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  TESU BACS Interested justsomeguy 3 405 09-21-2026, 01:56 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Information TESU Introduces Accelerated Courses (4-week format) animuscerebri 25 5,372 09-21-2026, 01:18 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  APS 4020 Applied Quality Management Mid Term EvilSandman 1 887 09-20-2026, 02:55 AM
Last Post: Phracker Jacks
  TESU BSAT APS 400, 401 402 Alts? EvilSandman 3 2,167 09-20-2026, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Phracker Jacks
  TESU Bachelor Data Analytics after Statistics.com is gone homeschoolmom1 1 325 09-14-2026, 03:57 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  TESU Foreign Language BA resistk 13 5,448 09-09-2026, 10:46 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU Foreign Language B.A. -- degree planning help degreedude80 6 528 09-09-2026, 10:01 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU ILA to BA degree - apply now or wait? degreedude80 9 703 09-09-2026, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Sunny21
Sad Help For TESU BACS DEGREE please Brothers help-0982 6 1,457 08-20-2026, 08:45 AM
Last Post: cheeseberserk

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)