Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Non-Degree Enrollment
#3
(08-03-2024, 11:38 PM)Miggies Wrote:
(03-02-2024, 06:33 PM)PreLawCoastie Wrote: Hey all,

I'm done with the requirements for my BA in Political Science at penn state world campus this semester, but want to raise my uGPA for law school admissions over the summer. My current plan was to take ASU online courses. I took several ULC courses, but those do not offer A+ grades, and the regular ASU online courses are $250/credit with military benefits. UMPI also offers A+'s, and would be much cheaper to grind for credits, but unfortunately I will have minimal free time when I transfer in June, and seem to have missed the deadline to apply for the semester starting in March. My GPA is currently around a 3.7, and will be a 3.8 after I retake two concurrent enrollment classes from High School at BYU-I.

Looking at the yourpace website, it looks like they have a non-degree option, but I can't apply for it - the form on that page never led to a response. Does anyone have any experience with enrolling as a non-degree student, or a way around the deadline? 

https://www.umpi.edu/yourpace/certificat...e-options/

I also go to Penn State and I thought transfer credits do NOT affect your cumulative GPA. I've transferred courses over and my GPA has remained the same
Hi!! You’re right, it doesn’t effect your Penn state gpa, but when you apply for law school the LSAC calculates your gpa separately.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Non-Degree Enrollment - by PreLawCoastie - 03-02-2024, 06:33 PM
RE: Non-Degree Enrollment - by Miggies - 08-03-2024, 11:38 PM
RE: Non-Degree Enrollment - by PreLawCoastie - 08-03-2024, 11:40 PM
RE: Non-Degree Enrollment - by PreLawCoastie - 08-25-2024, 10:47 PM
RE: Non-Degree Enrollment - by lawqueen04 - 10-26-2024, 09:35 AM
RE: Non-Degree Enrollment - by ss20ts - 10-26-2024, 10:22 AM
RE: Non-Degree Enrollment - by [email protected] - 07-01-2025, 05:52 PM
RE: Non-Degree Enrollment - by Jonathan Whatley - 07-01-2025, 05:58 PM
RE: Non-Degree Enrollment - by turbotortuga - 07-01-2025, 06:46 PM
RE: Non-Degree Enrollment - by Kjnova - 08-26-2024, 08:42 AM
RE: Non-Degree Enrollment - by lawqueen04 - 10-26-2024, 10:45 AM
RE: Non-Degree Enrollment - by ss20ts - 10-28-2024, 02:49 PM
RE: Non-Degree Enrollment - by PreLawCoastie - 10-28-2024, 03:50 PM
RE: Non-Degree Enrollment - by AirborneAgent - 10-28-2024, 01:53 PM
RE: Non-Degree Enrollment - by Kjnova - 01-02-2025, 01:16 PM
RE: Non-Degree Enrollment - by bjcheung77 - 01-02-2025, 04:42 PM
RE: Non-Degree Enrollment - by bjcheung77 - 07-01-2025, 09:04 PM
RE: Non-Degree Enrollment - by [email protected] - 07-01-2025, 09:58 PM
RE: Non-Degree Enrollment - by bjcheung77 - 07-02-2025, 01:20 AM
RE: Non-Degree Enrollment - by ss20ts - 07-02-2025, 11:14 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI Your Pace New General Education Requirements Fall 2026 (New Degree Plan) LevelUP 8 4,087 08-13-2026, 07:14 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  BLS Degree Plan Help clj626 8 1,202 07-20-2026, 02:44 PM
Last Post: clj626
Question Degree advice pumi 7 1,244 06-11-2026, 11:26 AM
Last Post: pumi
  Major BBA Degree Changes To YourPace BBA Program Swiss Cognac 26 6,352 05-06-2026, 09:37 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  YourPace degree - does the diploma indicate anything to this effect? degreedude80 8 3,541 03-02-2026, 10:05 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  UMPI - Healthcare Administration Degree joshua27 1 2,191 11-11-2025, 11:48 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Psychology 2nd degree plan evanmonast 3 1,455 11-08-2025, 12:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Hello beautiful community ( business degree) Sara143 3 1,258 10-26-2025, 01:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Lightbulb 2nd Degree already earned? Jaxxon 5 1,779 10-26-2025, 04:30 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Returning to UMPI for a Second Degree – Questions About Transcripts and Application Alim83 22 6,957 08-17-2025, 05:23 PM
Last Post: SpartacusPM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)