Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
7 Bus & Psy Courses Left - UMPI vs study.com???
#9
(10-07-2024, 09:11 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Have you confirmed with UMPI that you can transfer in an entire minor? With the BLS your first minor has residency requirements. I don't know if the BAs have the same residency requirement.
I have not, I'm glad you brought that up. I will ask my advisor. If this were a BLS with a minor in Psych, the management minor could be transferred in, so I figured that Psych being upgraded to a major shouldn't affect the ability to transfer in a second area of study... Hopefully. Fingers crossed!

(10-07-2024, 10:18 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Make sure to have only a subscription open at a time, you don't want to have say Sophia.org and Study.com subscriptions, it'll take your time from the other subscription... I would focus on getting your Study.com classes completed then start on your UMPI classes.  Once you're done with the UMPI classes, that should be all you need to finish off the degree.
I made that mistake this month, unfortunately. I still had my Sophia sub going because I have 3 classes left for Pierpont Info Systems, and I didn't use it at all because I was excited about finishing the SDC Psych classes before my UMPI start date... Now I know better! Honestly I SHOULD just knock out those last 3 classes before my current sub ends on Nov 1 so I can be officially done with Sophia. I've just felt overwhelmed because I don't want to rush, I want to genuinely learn this stuff and I've had a lot more background experience for every other class so far. The ones left are Networking, Java, and Python. But I know I need to just start and see how it goes. I'm probably talking a lot but I guess this is a progress update, haha. I'm excited to be much closer to starting UMPI and finishing my degree!!! :)
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: 7 Bus & Psy Courses Left - UMPI vs study.com??? - by radicallena - 10-18-2024, 10:44 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI's under review by NECHE?? GoBroncos95 29 2,592 09-27-2026, 06:34 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  UMPI Master of Science in Business Jonathan Whatley 102 53,178 09-08-2026, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Easiest Natural Science UMPI Course? LevelUP 5 1,016 09-06-2026, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  UMPI Proposing 90-Credit YourPace BLS and Applied Psychology BA Jonathan Whatley 39 14,676 08-16-2026, 09:07 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI CBE Master’s in Human Services Planned, and MHA Still Happening Jonathan Whatley 8 2,077 08-14-2026, 10:20 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  Credits for DSST exams at UMPI any4yeardegree 7 1,312 08-14-2026, 01:20 AM
Last Post: daydream
  UMPI Your Pace New General Education Requirements Fall 2026 (New Degree Plan) LevelUP 8 3,969 08-13-2026, 07:14 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  UMPI YourPace Fall 2026 majors - clarification request lauramichele1 0 719 08-12-2026, 05:15 PM
Last Post: lauramichele1
  UMPI Article: Rebuilding Trust in Higher Ed Using CBE LevelUP 4 902 07-29-2026, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Swiss Cognac
  Discontinued Minors At UMPI... RIP MIS, BA & Management Swiss Cognac 4 1,428 07-28-2026, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)