Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
UMPI BA Psychology Degree Plan
#1
I am a lurker who finally decided to register an official account. I have officially applied and have been accepted to UMPI for the YourPace BA in Psychology.
I transferred in about 166 credits from 2 different attempts at B&M schools. Unfortunately, I cannot get started right away at UMPI. I will have to defer until I can finish the GEC classes I need at Sophia and the 2 psychology courses at SDC.

I plan to start on Sophia next week. I'm not sure how long 6 classes at Sophia and 2 classes at SDC will take me. However; I anticipate starting Summer Session 2 at UMPI. This should give me enough time to knock those 8 classes out and not feel rushed. This will leave me with exactly 10 courses at UMPI.

Here is my degree plan....

SOPHIA:

1.) 2D        VICOMM      Visual Communications 101       
2.) 3A/3B    MAT 101     Basic Statistics                
3.) 3C         BIO104       Intro to Human Nutrition            
4.) 4C         PHI 152      Introduction to Ethics                
5.) 5B         HTY 161     US History I            
6.) PSY 205                  Lifespan Development                    

SDC:
7.)  PSY 200        Social Psychology                    
8.)  PSY 235        Abnormal Psychology

UMPI:
9.)   PSY 311        Research Methods I
10.) PSY 446        Psychobiology
11.) PSY 341        Drugs And Behavior
12.) PSY 360        Animal Behavior
13.) PSY 370        Personality
14.) PSY 374        Voc Aspects of Disability
15.) PSY 375        Sex And Gender
16.) PSY 380        Principles of Counseling
17.) PSY 382        Substance Abuse Counseling
18.) PSY 448        Cognitive Psychology

I am planning 2 sessions because I hear psychology courses tend to be a bit longer than others. I'm in no rush. My personal goal is to be done by the end of 2025. I think it is a realistic goal.



What do you think? Any suggestions?
Reply


Messages In This Thread
UMPI BA Psychology Degree Plan - by Swiss Cognac - 04-15-2025, 01:36 PM
RE: UMPI BA Psychology Degree Plan - by Erikabol - 04-26-2025, 10:37 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI's under review by NECHE?? GoBroncos95 29 2,839 09-27-2026, 06:34 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  UMPI Master of Science in Business Jonathan Whatley 102 53,342 09-08-2026, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Easiest Natural Science UMPI Course? LevelUP 5 1,037 09-06-2026, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  UMPI Proposing 90-Credit YourPace BLS and Applied Psychology BA Jonathan Whatley 39 14,745 08-16-2026, 09:07 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI CBE Master’s in Human Services Planned, and MHA Still Happening Jonathan Whatley 8 2,101 08-14-2026, 10:20 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  Credits for DSST exams at UMPI any4yeardegree 7 1,332 08-14-2026, 01:20 AM
Last Post: daydream
  UMPI Your Pace New General Education Requirements Fall 2026 (New Degree Plan) LevelUP 8 4,031 08-13-2026, 07:14 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  UMPI YourPace Fall 2026 majors - clarification request lauramichele1 0 730 08-12-2026, 05:15 PM
Last Post: lauramichele1
  UMPI Article: Rebuilding Trust in Higher Ed Using CBE LevelUP 4 909 07-29-2026, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Swiss Cognac
  Discontinued Minors At UMPI... RIP MIS, BA & Management Swiss Cognac 4 1,442 07-28-2026, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)