06-23-2026, 10:48 PM
(06-23-2026, 08:19 PM)Mint Berry Crunch Wrote:(06-23-2026, 04:57 PM)SteveFoerster Wrote:(06-23-2026, 03:26 PM)mcjon77 Wrote:(06-19-2026, 02:57 PM)acamp Wrote: Wow - only 36 credits? Don’t doctorate programs need to be at least 64+ credits?
The admission requirements state that you must have a masters degree in a related field to be accepted into the program, so 36 + 30 for original masters makes sense.
Even if a Master's is required for entry, just ten more courses is still pretty light—especially since it seems the the dissertation is included in that.
I was gonna say, aren't there some colleges/universities out there that offer dual PhD/Master programs? Or programs that you earn a Masters throughout the completion of a Doctoral program? I've seen a few MD/MBA programs and JD/MED one's before, though I'm not sure of the total credit hours between them. I would imagine that some of the courses overlap with one another.
Traditional PhD programs often have post-baccalaureate entry, and the master's can be earned on the way to the PhD. These programs are normally around 90 credits.
The JD and MD are not scholarly doctorates, so they can't be compared to PhD or even EdD and DBA programs, but dual degree programs do exist. They may or may not allow students to share electives between the programs.
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)