Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
ECE Courses
#2
Braylen Wrote:For the Excelsior WebCT or CD-Rom courses, does anyone know if you can do them at your own (quick) pace? I saw some reference somewhere as to only being able to submit a certain number of assignments every 2 weeks or something. However, I also saw a reference somewhere that you can do the Information Literacy course in a day (with an open book/online exam).

I'm wondering if there are any other courses that you can push through like this.

Thanks in advance for any info on this.

Braylen,

Just to be clear, the Information Literacy course is NOT in the same league as any other course or exam I have ever taken. It is only 1-credit. It involves reading a bunch of material, and then taking a pass/fail 50-question open book "quiz" for which you are allowed (if I remember correctly) 90 minutes, or it might even have been 3 hours. You can take the exam at any time once you have enrolled. It takes a few hours to read the material. But other than that, the course can be completed in as short a time as you can manage. I was able to complete the course from enrollment to final score within one evening. The hardest part of the entire course is PAYING FOR IT!

Please don't assume that ANY of the other Excelsior courses will be at the same level. Info Lit is a special case.

I just wanted to make sure you didn't make any decisions or assumptions about the normal Excelsior courses based on the feedback for the Information Literacy course.

As for your actual question, I will allow someone with specific knowledge of a WebCT course to answer.

Hope this helps,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob
_____________________________________
Exams/Courses Passed (43):
- Courses (4): 1 Excelsior, 1 CSU-Pueblo, 2 Penn Foster.
- Exams (39): 24 DSST, 15 CLEP.

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
Reply


Messages In This Thread
ECE Courses - by Braylen - 08-16-2006, 08:55 PM
ECE Courses - by snazzlefrag - 08-16-2006, 09:44 PM
ECE Courses - by Braylen - 08-16-2006, 10:12 PM
ECE Courses - by MagicATC - 08-16-2006, 10:40 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business Required Courses? Am I reading this right? Arkhos 2 3,720 09-26-2026, 12:55 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  $100 1 credit Graduate Education courses from The Federal Reserve & Wichita State U KaraStarbuck 8 3,875 09-02-2026, 11:29 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Thoughts on BYU Independent Study's religion courses? daydream 9 1,354 08-13-2026, 01:14 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Looking for online, self-paced computer science core courses that offer RA credits mylo 5 1,740 04-22-2026, 05:41 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Holocaust Courses MichaelGates 5 2,042 01-28-2026, 01:45 PM
Last Post: MichaelGates
  Master List of Online Platforms with College Courses/Degrees SophiaPrincess 15 14,651 01-12-2026, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Kabir
  Christmas Courses (Free) MichaelGates 5 3,540 12-15-2025, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Looking for AI courses dodek101 2 1,579 11-06-2025, 11:03 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Coaching Courses MichaelGates 6 3,618 09-02-2025, 04:51 PM
Last Post: MichaelGates
  ASU Universal Learner Math Weekly Courses Now NON-PROCTORED ! Captainrekt000 16 22,084 05-05-2025, 09:18 PM
Last Post: Captainrekt000

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)