09-13-2009, 09:59 AM
cookderosa Wrote:Im trying to get civilian ed points so i can make cut off. Its some where like 760 to make SSG. Im looking into CLEP, im wondering how hard is it. Considering i dont have any college ed. I KNOW the clep(s) are for people who already know material on the subject. No- I think that's very rare. All of us here study for the subject, most of us have zero experience with the material when we start the subject. But i dont and i need to learn the material. Is this the best site to learn the thing i need to pass the exams. Look in my siggy line at the link titled "InstantCert works" because that's the pass rate of people here!
What test should i begin with? and what are the easiest's Humm, it's not really that black and white, what kinds of subjects were easier for you back in high school? There are some that I would say are very hard to learn from scratch, but if you tell me you were a math whiz, than what's easy for you isn't easy for me
I know should do proper schooling but right now im in Iraq and will fail because i wont take it serious or be late on work. Im not asking for pity or an easy way out....Im simply asking where or how can i learn the material needed?
2 days ago - 2 days left to answer.
[COLOR="red"]You can use IC, or if you want a book, the REA CLEP guides are top notch. You can usually get one from a library. I don't know how military works, but I do know you have access to educational resources including free practice exams, so that's a big huge plus. I'd estimate that once you have your exam picked and your study materials in hand, that you allow 2 weeks of studying 1-2 hours per night. Take all the practice exams (one every couple days) and review the folder here called "Specific Exam Feedback" to zero in on important exam subjects.
It's not as tricky as it sounds, after your first one, you'll have a better idea of what to expect! I completed 50% of my bachelor's degree by taking CLEP and DANTES exams, MANY here used CLEP/DANTES for their entire degree. Welcome to the board![/COLOR]
Thanks very informative. I just looked at the link you told me too and it look good. i thinnk ill start with the Celp intro to computers and see how it goes. hope it works
My goal is to atttain around 45 CH by the end of this year. I hope i can meet my goal.



![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)