11-26-2009, 03:47 PM
clep101 Wrote:What do you guys think?
I've been in the Army 13 years and will finish my BS this March. I am also getting promoted to E-8 Master Sergeant in the next couple of months.
I have been debating whether or not to apply for Officer Candidate School and get my butter bar. I can apply now and go Officer in the next few months I think, or finish my Masters in Public Health and get a direct commission in a about 1 1/2 years.
What to do, what to do?
Every thought about going Warrant? Still a pay raise, and maybe you'd get to stay in your specialty. I know you don't need a degree for Warrant Officer, but it helps in getting selected. Of course, at E-8, staying enlisted isn't such a bad deal, either. Good luck in whatever you choose!
M.S. University of Wisconsin-Platteville In Progress
M.S. University of Maryland University College 2011
B.S. Southern Illinois University, Carbondale 2008
CLEP's passed:
College Mathematics
English Composition (w/o essay)
Information Systems and Computer Applications
Natural Sciences
Social Sciences and History
DSST's passed:
Ethics in America
General Anthropology
M.S. University of Maryland University College 2011
B.S. Southern Illinois University, Carbondale 2008
CLEP's passed:
College Mathematics
English Composition (w/o essay)
Information Systems and Computer Applications
Natural Sciences
Social Sciences and History
DSST's passed:
Ethics in America
General Anthropology


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)