Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Off topic: for any woman who has given birth
#6
Only had 1 but remember the fear of the unknown - you name it! Would I know when it was happening (yeah, laugh at that one), afraid of the pain and would it be managed. Elected not to have epidural because at that time they suggested you go natural. I was not brave enough for that but the doctor did not give me anything anyway until I was ready to deliver anyway. I was 30, so things were not as easy, I guess, as a younger woman would go through. I remember thinking this isn't so bad until they gave me a shot (pitocin, I think?) and then everything went into hyperdrive.

Other concerns: would I be a good mom, would my husband stick around (yes, he did - we've been married for 32 years), how would we get through finances, how would it change our lives. Boy what a worrier, I was. Cannot imagine not having my son in our lives.

One funny thing to share is remembering DH and doctor taking about fishing and getting very mad that they could be calmy discussing that while I was going through H_LL! Then the baby was born and had a birth mark at the same place DH did. I remember saying something nasty, like "you can't deny he's yours." :roflol: Amazing what we will say and do during such a stressful time.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Off topic: for any woman who has given birth - by P00057870 - 04-17-2010, 12:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video of Airbnb Guest Refusing to Leave Woman's Home. The Drama Gets Real! LevelUP 4 4,786 06-23-2022, 01:18 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Off topic chat - What's new? bjcheung77 14 5,452 12-04-2018, 08:12 AM
Last Post: allvia
  off topic- computer suggestion cookderosa 9 4,155 08-11-2018, 10:00 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Woman slaps Bali immigration officer! bjcheung77 0 1,635 08-04-2018, 01:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Woman completes online exam while in labor rebel100 7 3,179 03-02-2016, 11:09 AM
Last Post: High_Order1
  Please help with research topic! soliloquy 5 2,921 06-19-2015, 07:25 PM
Last Post: soliloquy
  My thesis topic was accepted! cookderosa 18 5,692 04-26-2014, 07:44 PM
Last Post: NAP
  Idea for topic -- traditional schools that take CLE CLEP_enthusiast 7 3,208 09-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Off topic- cooking with WIC cookderosa 3 2,373 10-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Last Post: LaterBloomer
  off topic - starting our business! cookderosa 24 7,055 08-19-2011, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Elinor

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)