Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
ACE Credit Registry Change? Transcripts Services Ending
(11-03-2020, 09:24 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I just talked to a support agent at Sophia. They currently have no idea what's going on. The agent said that they're still "finalizing" things and they should know more in a couple of hours. So no idea if the process from Sophia -> Acclaim is supposed to be manual or automatic if you've already got Sophia courses.

It MAY be a good idea to contact the other less-obvious providers (TEEX, The Institutes, etc.) if you don't hear anything by the end of the week.
I chatted with Sophia yesterday morning and was told they had not been taught/given instructions on the Acclaim process.
Reply
(11-03-2020, 09:52 AM)crotique Wrote: I chatted with Sophia yesterday morning and was told they had not been taught/given instructions on the Acclaim process.


Keep in mind, the original communication from ACE stated this changeover is scheduled for December 1st so it is quite possible that not every front-line worker at Sophia or at XXX provider has the answers yet. There are a number of providers involved and each will have a different strategy for approaching this changeover that most likely includes factors that we have not considered. 

A uniform announcement across all providers or Acclaim is not likely but it sounds like the Directors of these organizations are working toward meeting a December date. It's fun to talk about and we all want to know the plan today for what's going to happen at the end of the month. Unfortunately, additional communication/instructions maybe days or weeks away.
WGU MBA 2022
WGU BSBA IT Management 2021
I'm done with school for a while. Time to go make some $ now!




[-] The following 3 users Like GizmoJack's post:
  • crotique, rachel83az, ss20ts
Reply
This new system is AWESOME! Every time I try to log-in I am told I have an invalid username or password. So that's pretty fun, setting up a new password each time. Then I get to look at my empty dashboard  Big Grin
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
[-] The following 1 user Likes StoicJ's post:
  • ss20ts
Reply
Sophia told me it will be released on November 4th, as they 're experiencing bugs.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
Reply
Here's a response from TheInstitutes.org regarding their Ethics online course:

"We are sorry, but we do not offer a badge for completion of the Ethics course. In order to receive a digital badge it is necessary to have the CPCU designation and be a member in Good Standing.

If you have any other questions, or if there is anything else that we can help you with today, please let us know."

So, say goodbye to this ACE course. November 31st is the last day you can order your old ACE transcript from ACE website.

However, there's a way to keep your old ACE transcript forever. You can send your ACE transcript to Excelsior College's OneTranscript service. They said they will keep your ACE transcript forever.
[email protected]

So even if you don't get Acclaim badges for old courses and ACE stops issuing transcripts after this November, Excelsior will keep the records for you. But Excelsior charges $300 per transcript.
Reply
Ouch. I can't see myself doing that to save just the ethics course; we've got Sophia ethics now. But that might be a good option for anyone who has older ACE credits that won't be getting a badge.

I wonder: if you set up a transcript through OnlineDegree (or there is another one that suggests using Excelsior; I forget who) and you send in your ACE transcript, would they charge you less for the transcript? If so, would it contain all classes from everywhere? OnlineDegree says that each transcript only costs $50 or something like that.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Reply
(11-03-2020, 09:24 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I just talked to a support agent at Sophia. They currently have no idea what's going on. The agent said that they're still "finalizing" things and they should know more in a couple of hours. So no idea if the process from Sophia -> Acclaim is supposed to be manual or automatic if you've already got Sophia courses.

It MAY be a good idea to contact the other less-obvious providers (TEEX, The Institutes, etc.) if you don't hear anything by the end of the week.

Someone at Sophia does know what's going on because all of their courses have badges already on Acclaim. They showed up last week. Now the customer service reps may not be trained on it yet.

(11-03-2020, 12:38 PM)nomaduser Wrote: Here's a response from TheInstitutes.org regarding their Ethics online course:

"We are sorry, but we do not offer a badge for completion of the Ethics course.  In order to receive a digital badge it is necessary to have the CPCU designation and be a member in Good Standing.

If you have any other questions, or if there is anything else that we can help you with today, please let us know."

So, say goodbye to this ACE course. November 31st is the last day you can order your old ACE transcript from ACE website.

However, there's a way to keep your old ACE transcript forever. You can send your ACE transcript to Excelsior College's OneTranscript service. They said they will keep your ACE transcript forever.
[email protected]

So even if you don't get Acclaim badges for old courses and ACE stops issuing transcripts after this November, Excelsior will keep the records for you. But Excelsior charges $300 per transcript.

November 31st doesn't exist.

Sophia has ethics. Study has ethics. InstantCert has ethics. Lots of places offer an ethics course. 

What you're talking about with EC is a credit bank. That's not a transcript. The actual transcripts do not cost $300.
Reply
(11-02-2020, 02:18 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 11:08 AM)Pathfinder Wrote: I had heard in the past that it's recommended to register an account with ACE to register credits even if your school accepts or requires your credit from an alternative credit provider directly.  Is this still the case or has that changed with this new system?

My final destination is COSC so I know they accept courses through Sophia by Parchment for example.  

My question is CAN I or SHOULD I also set up an Ace account ?  IS there a benefit ?

Once you get your credits sent to Ace account are you no longer able to get the alternative credit provider like Sophia to send transcript directly to COSC?

I am a little confused.  Thanks if anyone can help!

Contrary to what others are saying, you CAN still sign up for an ACE account. They have not disabled this. You can also still add courses (so far as I can tell). They've also eliminated the notice on the login page about the switchover. Perhaps they're unofficially holding off until some issues (like certain providers not having ACE badges) get ironed out. I have no idea. If there is a reprieve, it's a temporary one. 

There is no benefit to creating a new ACE profile, however, unless you have old credits that you need to add. Since you're talking about Sophia, I'm guessing that this is not the case. I would not bother with creating an ACE account right now.

Once the process has completed, however, there will be no "official" ACE transcript as there is now. Instead, everything will be on YourAcclaim/Credly. When you finish a Sophia course, for instance, they will send you a congratulations email. In this email will be a link that you can click on to get that course's badge added to your profile.
Thanks for the information.  I will definitely wait.  I am assuming when I start SDC credits I may need to do so (unless they send a transcript directly?)...
Reply
SDC does send transcripts directly. Indeed, that's the only way TESU will accept them. I'm not sure about COSC or Excelsior.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Reply
Sophia has not added any of my courses to my Acclaim account. I just checked and nothing. Ugh. At least they've been using Parchment so there's still hope.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  credit transfer of the course HTY 108 in study.com to UMPI ScholarX 0 291 09-11-2026, 11:49 AM
Last Post: ScholarX
Information Avant Assessment: Language Proficiency Exams for ACE Credit MNomadic 5 3,213 09-09-2026, 10:07 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  Cheapest and easiest UL credit available atm? daydream 7 1,209 08-17-2026, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
Smile Credit Calculus / Statistics Courses Bcopeland64 6 1,467 05-11-2026, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Bcopeland64
  3 Credit Undergrad Courses - $500 MEarlBITW 1 1,174 03-12-2026, 09:53 PM
Last Post: wow
Question Credit from services like Sophia.org with no written assignments BR3_26 3 2,447 03-12-2026, 09:15 AM
Last Post: wow
  WGU 2026 transfer credit updates & planning notes for Study.com users portals 5 12,200 02-13-2026, 02:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Information New Sophia Course - Computer Applications (1 Credit LL) Ares 2 1,766 12-01-2025, 10:27 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com vs. Sophia — recent updates and credit transfer experience portals 5 3,963 10-26-2025, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TRANSFERABLE College Credit by Exam, Portfolio PLA, Ind Study - Esp STEM RKanarek 7 4,727 07-25-2025, 03:43 AM
Last Post: RKanarek

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)