Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit
Hello Everyone!

I have been getting PM's lately without much info but the basic "I need help to start my degree!". So...
I am deciding to make it more streamlined for either myself, youself, other members of the forum to help you.
I started making a minor change in answering posts July 1...
Here is my Q/A template.  Copy/paste and start a new thread!

---
1) Basic info about yourself: A mini introduction and degree you are looking for!
Have you read the Beginners Guide? http://degreeforum.wikia.com/wiki/The_Basic_Approach - Y/N
Have you read the Wiki? http://degreeforum.wikia.com/wiki/Degree_Forum_Wiki - Y/N
Do you have any certificates? Credits from previous studies? - Y/N

2) Answer the following questions, so I can better gauge which of the 3 you're looking at - cheap, easy, or fast.
A) Are you close to a testing site for CLEP? How far and how long would it take you to get there and back?
B) Do you have time to study and test at a site or would you rather do everything online for a little extra in price?
C) What is your price range you're looking at for the degree and time you want to set to complete the degree?
D) Are you leaning towards cheap, easy, fast or a combo of them all? Rank them in priority.

3) Have you applied to the school of choice, are you currently enrolled (taking a course)? Y/N
Do you have an academic evaluation? Y/N - If yes, copy/paste the evaluation.
If no, enter all your credits you have completed and note the school/course you took and grade.

4) What exactly are you looking for help with or advice on?  
---

See Example: (This is just a dummy example, for privacy/security, please don't put personal info into your posts)

Hi, I'm bjcheung77.  

I am a janitor by day/stripper by night, I also like to fart often.  I need a degree in Biomedical Systems Engineering as I want to help others once I get my degree. I am into creating Machine Learning AI Robotic systems that can help disabled/handicapped individuals with everyday life. Can you steer me in the right path?

I currently have no credits, no certs, but I am a quick learner/tester.  I have read the Guide, Wiki and am still a bit confused on the process. I am far from a testing site, it takes me at least an hour there and another back, I work full time as a janitor as you know!  I can/want to pay slightly more for online. Currently looking at TESU and want a BS LDAS Biomedical Systems Engineering for under $7-8K, I am leaning towards cheap,easy,fast in that order.

What I need is - advice on - how you created the spreadsheet and how you can "find" those courses to place into the spreadsheet!  I want to customize my own learning if possible. Please provide your advice and recommendations!  

Thanks, Bjcheung77

PS. Please don't tell my significant other I am a stripper by night!  It's a surprise trip I am saving up and paying for!  Janitor jobs don't pay much as you already know.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 4 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • , allvia, Bach2Mast, ISKBizz15

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit - by bjcheung77 - 07-06-2018, 08:47 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  College will cost up to $95,000 this fall. Schools say it’s OK LevelUP 3 147 04-26-2024, 05:36 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  A Guide to Jesuit Colleges LevelUP 2 309 04-26-2024, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 8 1,594 04-25-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,234 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,609 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,975 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 266 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 546 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 425 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 754 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77