Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most Military/Veteran friendly College Commencements!
(05-28-2018, 04:19 PM)sanantone Wrote: Trump cheated on all three of his wives and inappropriately touched many women. He's threatened to sue his accusers. I don't really see the difference. Like I said, I found him the lesser of 2 evils, and you found Hillary the lesser of 2 evils.  I wish we'd had better choices on both sides. 

I guess I just grew annoyed by multiple forum posts from people wanting to avoid diversity-type courses and liberal classmates. If I can sit through classes about people who look nothing like me for 13 years without a choice, then it won't kill you to take one diversity course. In the real world, you can't avoid people with different political opinions, and you can't even avoid diversity in most cities these days.  I don't care about diversity courses (although a teacher who says you can't actually disagree with them is a problem), and liberal classmates is a given.  I just don't want to support a school where they have safe spaces and comfort cats and bubbles, and don't allow free speech - I mean, how are they then going to send these kids out into the real world?  How is this teaching anyone to be able to thrive in life and especially at work?

I've also grown tired of people saying that they support the military and law enforcement, but only do so superficially. These are highly stressful, undesirable jobs that are hard to fill. People want others to protect them and do the dirty work, but they don't want to pay for it. Putting a flag on your truck and standing for the national anthem doesn't cure PTSD, and it doesn't pay for the heart disease and other medical problems LE retirees will face due to the nature of their careers. Those who retire after the age of 55 have a very high risk of dying before they even turn 65.  Just because I think that math is a real thing, doesn't mean I only support LE and the military superficially.  In the area that I live, it's a joke to say that these jobs are hard to fill.  The police forces around here open a window for applications on a certain date, and then close it 45 minutes later because they are inundated with applications.  There is always a waiting list for jobs.  So obviously, they pay better than you think.  It may be different where you live, but it's ridiculous here.  The CHP is #2 on our list of unfunded pension liabilities, because there are so many officers that make well over $100k.  Public safety as a whole is the #1 cost.  I do think most public safety officers here are way overpaid, otherwise there wouldn't be wait-lists, and there wouldn't be so many of them retiring at 55 who then sit back and live very comfortably off of 80%-90% of their pay that they had jacked up the last 3 years of their service to really get a good amount.  Like I said, however you feel about LE/PS, the math cannot sustain itself here.  It is undoable.  Our cities/counties/state are going to go down in flames when all is said and done.  And if CA goes to the federal government and asks for a bailout, how willing are YOU going to be to pay for our lunacy?  Honestly, I don't think you'll be saying "Well, it's LE/PS, so it's totally worth it!"
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Messages In This Thread
RE: The most Military/Veteran friendly College Commencements! - by dfrecore - 05-28-2018, 04:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cold War Veteran dewisant 0 1,107 11-19-2022, 11:30 AM
Last Post: dewisant
  opinion on military school for ADHD teen EducationSeeker 18 3,108 10-14-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: martamarti
Information US Naval Community College Pilot MNomadic 2 1,668 04-26-2022, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
Star DAU Courses Available Online and For College Credit kvolivera 89 26,760 04-14-2021, 06:12 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  ACE credit for possible military enlistment? dfrecore 33 5,882 05-27-2020, 09:59 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  Have a military education exit strategy. vetvso 26 5,659 05-07-2020, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  20% off Coopersmith for Active Military Zachcleigh 0 1,806 12-04-2019, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Zachcleigh
  AMU Reducing Military-Affiliated Master's Tuition to $250/credit (and free books) TheMaskedMutant 1 1,906 11-22-2019, 12:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Veteran's Day dewisant 5 1,627 11-14-2019, 10:39 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  Military Residency Requirement natshar 3 1,968 07-08-2019, 11:13 AM
Last Post: natshar