Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 More!!! D & A Abuse, and Intro to Computing
Wheeewww.... What an enormous sigh of relief! I managed to squeak by in D & A Abuse, with a 53 - I needed a 49 to pass...

I have to mark that one down as a hard DSST! I mean, I've got drug names, neurotransmitters, brand names, classifications, symptoms from small doses and large doses, withdrawal symptoms, what the difference is in beer, brandy, spirits, whiskey and champagne, and such just rolling around in my head rather chaotically now!!! Whew I'm glad it's over - I'd say you need a little something more than just IC to pass this one with more ease than I did - if nothing else you just need another format to view all the drugs etc in. Snazzlefrag has posted some great links in past threads about this beast, so definetly check them out, they were a big help to me. Don't take this exam lightly, but don't be afraid of it either - I did pass the thing with only about 18-20 hours of study over two and half days...

Intro to Computing was some better, but still bit me pretty good because I think I was taking it for granted, somewhat. I studied the Info Sys & Comp. Apps IC cards for the ISCA exam, and passed it three days ago. So, I thought with the computer knowledge I already have, and that bit of studing I would ace Intro, but alas I only made a 55, and needed a 45. Certainly a fine enough score, the exam just surprised me a bit - there was a lot on there about programming, logic and other computations that I just had no clue about. But then again, I only read the ISCA IC cards once, taking light notes, so IC may have been plenty of a study guide, I'm just taking these exams as fast as I can possibly cram them down my own throat:

I started with 48 traditional hours this past August, and to date, right at 6 months later, I now own 66 more semester hours, all through testing, for a grand total of 114 SH's - two exams shy of a BA in Liberal Studies!!!!!!!!! And to show you how fast you can go if you really can grind it out, and just spend days and weeks in a row on this stuff: I took 6 exams between August and Christmas while I was working a part time job, etc. - just 18 semester hours. But since the week after Christmas to date I've been off work, and I've taken 12 exams - for a big total of 42 SH's in 6 weeks!!! That's 7 SH's a week, better than two college classes every 7 days! I don't put that out there to boast folks, just to prove that if an ole country boy like me, who spent the last two years out of college milking a cow and cutting hay can do this, anybody can!

Anyway, IC remains the most fantastic study guide ever, just don't take D & A Abuse for granted, or Intro to Computers either for that matter.

Good luck folks, I'm seeing the light coming in fast at the end of that tunnel, and you'll get there soon too, just hang in there.

David
David Hammond
http://mydadandme.net

DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Passed:

Microecon 61
Princ of Fin 60
Hum Resource Mgt 53
Org Behavior 55
Ethics in Am 66
Human Growth & Dvlpmnt 63
Intro to Ed Psych 62
Fund of Counseling 52
Analyzing & Inter Lit 56
Crim Justice 49
Intro to Law Enforce 48
Prin of Supervision 55
Intro to World Religions 64
Humanities 59
Env't & Humanity 56
Info Sys & Comp Apps 55
Drug & Alcohol Abuse 53
Intro to Comp 55
Mgt Info Sys 55
Found of Ed 64
WOW!!! That is very inspiring. Congratulations, you have come such a long way. You give people like me hope. I just took my first clep last week and although I have a way to go, I know I will get there. Keep up the good work and you will be on your way to getting what you deserve before you know it....Smile
DHammond Wrote:Wheeewww.... What an enormous sigh of relief! I managed to squeak by in D & A Abuse, with a 53 - I needed a 49 to pass...

I have to mark that one down as a hard DSST! I mean, I've got drug names, neurotransmitters, brand names, classifications, symptoms from small doses and large doses, withdrawal symptoms, what the difference is in beer, brandy, spirits, whiskey and champagne, and such just rolling around in my head rather chaotically now!!! Whew I'm glad it's over - I'd say you need a little something more than just IC to pass this one with more ease than I did - if nothing else you just need another format to view all the drugs etc in. Snazzlefrag has posted some great links in past threads about this beast, so definetly check them out, they were a big help to me. Don't take this exam lightly, but don't be afraid of it either - I did pass the thing with only about 18-20 hours of study over two and half days...

Intro to Computing was some better, but still bit me pretty good because I think I was taking it for granted, somewhat. I studied the Info Sys & Comp. Apps IC cards for the ISCA exam, and passed it three days ago. So, I thought with the computer knowledge I already have, and that bit of studing I would ace Intro, but alas I only made a 55, and needed a 45. Certainly a fine enough score, the exam just surprised me a bit - there was a lot on there about programming, logic and other computations that I just had no clue about. But then again, I only read the ISCA IC cards once, taking light notes, so IC may have been plenty of a study guide, I'm just taking these exams as fast as I can possibly cram them down my own throat:

I started with 48 traditional hours this past August, and to date, right at 6 months later, I now own 66 more semester hours, all through testing, for a grand total of 114 SH's - two exams shy of a BA in Liberal Studies!!!!!!!!! And to show you how fast you can go if you really can grind it out, and just spend days and weeks in a row on this stuff: I took 6 exams between August and Christmas while I was working a part time job, etc. - just 18 semester hours. But since the week after Christmas to date I've been off work, and I've taken 12 exams - for a big total of 42 SH's in 6 weeks!!! That's 7 SH's a week, better than two college classes every 7 days! I don't put that out there to boast folks, just to prove that if an ole country boy like me, who spent the last two years out of college milking a cow and cutting hay can do this, anybody can!

Anyway, IC remains the most fantastic study guide ever, just don't take D & A Abuse for granted, or Intro to Computers either for that matter.

Good luck folks, I'm seeing the light coming in fast at the end of that tunnel, and you'll get there soon too, just hang in there.

David

i plan to take those 2 exams in the future...I got this interesting book called "Intro to computers" ..next time I will post the name of the publisher and author...It has alot of useful information on the programming aspect on computer science..
[SIZE="3"]
Congrats and Nice Review!!
[/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intro to Criminal Justice & Speech Communication midnite123 11 952 01-04-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: karenkresgs
  Computing & IT - UK Bachelors Equivalent - £905.00 bjcheung77 15 3,250 05-28-2022, 09:34 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Intro to Sociology Jennr2z 8 1,047 05-11-2022, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  substance abuse prevention/case management course recommendations? Whitepines 7 1,358 01-04-2021, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Udacity Intro to Cybersecurity nanodegree Cofffeee 7 1,360 07-30-2020, 09:39 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  SL Intro to Nutrition High_Order1 6 1,561 03-03-2020, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
  DSST Study Guide Info- Sub Abuse & Law Enf law26214 0 869 05-19-2019, 08:11 PM
Last Post: law26214
  Passed Intro to Psych CLEP...which next? S.Tesla 3 1,238 04-17-2019, 11:58 PM
Last Post: TryHardDieHard
  Intro to Psychology CLEP - Peterson's practice tests S.Tesla 0 1,327 04-08-2019, 03:38 PM
Last Post: S.Tesla
  Substance Abuse DSST natshar 8 1,515 01-06-2019, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Johmford