Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 questions
1. Why does everyone on here go to tesc or excelisor? I'm really just curious because there is so much talk of it on here.

2. What is the fastest, easiest degree obtainable from say tesc or another online college? I'm thinking about being an officer and need a bachelor's degree. I currently go to Embry Riddle but would like a faster plan, and yes I clep/dantes tests but still want something a little faster.

Thanks for any help
Steven
matthesf Wrote:1. Why does everyone on here go to tesc or excelisor? I'm really just curious because there is so much talk of it on here.

2. What is the fastest, easiest degree obtainable from say tesc or another online college? I'm thinking about being an officer and need a bachelor's degree. I currently go to Embry Riddle but would like a faster plan, and yes I clep/dantes tests but still want something a little faster.

Thanks for any help
Steven

Up until recently, the Big 3 - Excelsior, Charter Oak, and TESC - offered ways of completing degrees solely through testing out, or a minimal amount of coursework, with no residency requirement (The ability to transfer in as many credits from other schools/sources of credit, up to the full amount of 120 for a degree, or 150 for degrees from two of the schools at EC). This has recently changed at EC with the addition of the Capstone course for Liberal Studies degrees. TESC has changed the way they handle UL credit in some circumstances. Technically, the capstone course is only 3 credits, which is still 'minimal' coursework, but people still don't like the idea.

The only real way to go fast is to accumulate a bunch of credit in needed areas after figuring out a degree plan for whatever school you choose, and then transfering them in to fulfill the degree requirements of that school. The other option is to see if there's any 8 week classes that fulfill your needs, from various schools like EC or APU, and take those classes.
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully
matthesf Wrote:1. Why does everyone on here go to tesc or excelisor? I'm really just curious because there is so much talk of it on here.

Because TESC and Excelsior are one of the few schools in the U.S. that accept so much credit from so many different places for a good price.

If youve gotten like 18 credits from the military, 24credits from different community colleges in the past from random courses, and took a couple college level examinations (CLEPs) - most colleges you couldnt just transfer all of them - youd most likely have to start over.
But you could transfer em all and get Excelsior's Associates in Liberal Arts.
thats why its so rad.

And they accept it from all different sources too.
From test-out-able college exams, to some Penn Foster courses, to some cheap online courses like ALEKS, FEMA, and Straighterline -
if you were smart enough, you could accumulate all the credits you needed for a specific degree for under 500$ (if youre in the military cause CLEPs are free) and then just pay the enrollment and graduation fee of like 3grand and have a regionally accredited bachelor's degree in less than a year (if you were vigilant)
Some college students take 4-5 years and have tens of thousands of dollars in student loans that they have to pay off. Not to mention the time in homework and studying for tests, etc. Just to get the same thing you got in a fraction of the time with a fraction of the cost.

Thats why were always talking about it
in fact - i suspect some people on here ask questions about TESC and EC that they already know just cause they like to talk about it cause its so FREAKING cOOL!

Thats why, playa!
That...
is why.
-Kevin Cathy

Current Degrees:
B.A. in Liberal Studies (Thomas Edison State College)
A.A. in Business Administration (Sacramento City College)
A.A. in Social Science (Sacramento City College)
A.A. in Liberal Arts (Sacramento City College)
A.S. in Transportation (CCAF)

In Progress at Community College: Certificate of Achievement in Accounting

CLEPs/DSSTs taken & passed so far:
Principles of Supervision / Human Resource Management / Social Science & History / Here's To Your Health / Civil War & Reconstruction / Substance Abuse / Business Law II / Business Ethics and Society / Analyzing and Interpreting Literature / College Composition with Essay / Technical Writing / A History of the Vietnam War / College Mathematics / Introduction to World Religions

(54 credits in 7 months. Holla!)
Well hot damn, I did look at tesc but it seems like they still want a lot of credits. I have taken straighterline courses and had them all approved from embry riddle and they also take clep/dantes. I guess the only advantage is that tesc has 8 week classes? I'm also paying $750 a class which the military takes care of but I'm thinking of taking even more classes faster which I would have to pay for unless tesc classes are cheaper?

Thanks
last time i checked i think TESC courses are 200$/credit - so $600 for a class. But if you're in the military dude - you can completely CLEP your way out of a Liberal Studies degree. Other majors you probably have to do like one or 2 classes, but you can do em cheap through LSU at a self paced basis (like $300 a course).

What makes it rad is that you can pretty much transfer anything from anywhere as long as it is ACE approved, which all community colleges and CLEPs are.
i wish i knew about it a long time ago cuz I spent 2 1/2 years getting my associates the old fashioned way and spent lots of time and money (but the experience was fun so there is a positive to it).
but im glad i found it now cause it looked like it was going to take another 2 1/2 years to get my Bachelors (cause I work full time), but now its looking more like 9 months - and that was 4 months ago that i started. I only need 5 more CLEPs. So Amen, yaknow.
-Kevin Cathy

Current Degrees:
B.A. in Liberal Studies (Thomas Edison State College)
A.A. in Business Administration (Sacramento City College)
A.A. in Social Science (Sacramento City College)
A.A. in Liberal Arts (Sacramento City College)
A.S. in Transportation (CCAF)

In Progress at Community College: Certificate of Achievement in Accounting

CLEPs/DSSTs taken & passed so far:
Principles of Supervision / Human Resource Management / Social Science & History / Here's To Your Health / Civil War & Reconstruction / Substance Abuse / Business Law II / Business Ethics and Society / Analyzing and Interpreting Literature / College Composition with Essay / Technical Writing / A History of the Vietnam War / College Mathematics / Introduction to World Religions

(54 credits in 7 months. Holla!)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU BALS and Questions TexasTink 20 5,146 09-06-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: TexasTink
  TESU BALS w/Concentration questions shadowgem 0 1,719 08-24-2018, 12:40 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  Need clarification.. Sorry for the newbie questions NoThesis 8 2,015 08-23-2018, 03:22 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,646 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  TESU First Year Foundations & More Questions Lewis.Yim 8 2,942 06-24-2018, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  questions for my friend's son maplefu 4 1,315 05-22-2018, 08:36 PM
Last Post: maplefu
  Questions about ICCP exams - Calling all IT/MIS Students gus 31 9,043 05-15-2018, 09:21 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  How to get TESU to answer my questions and look at my transcripts? (Discouraged) camjenks 5 1,631 04-24-2018, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Muldoon
  TESU and Study.com partnership/discount specific questions Tripletmom 9 3,367 04-01-2018, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Joeman200
  TESU Academic Eval (Questions - Help Please) Gloddy 6 2,086 03-17-2018, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Gloddy