Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd shortest study.com course
Has anyone taken Presentation Skills in the Workplace yet?

Doable in a day? Was the test at all challenging?
TESU BA in Criminal Justice, 2018
TRCC Emergency Management Certificate, 2018
(12-03-2017, 09:46 AM)Joeman200 Wrote: Has anyone taken Presentation Skills in the Workplace yet?

Doable in a day? Was the test at all challenging?

Definitely doable in a day. My husband and I both blew through the quizzes in under 2 hours, most of the lessons didn't have to be reviewed first as the questions were common knowledge stuff about public speaking. "What should you do to avoid losing audience attention?" "What sort of speech would you give at a wedding?" That sort of thing. I'm doing the final tomorrow, husband is doing it tonight (kid woke up from nap, cutting off chance to take finals this afternoon). Can report back after.
Working towards BALS at TESU

Transfer:
 41 credits 

Currently working on: 
Language and Literacy in Education (OnlineDegree)

Completed:
Study.com: Personal Finance 102, History 108, Psychology 106, Psychology 104, Communications 120, Religion 101

Free: Cyber Security for Everyone, Cyber Security for Professionals

CLEP (free through Modern States): American Government, A+I Lit, American Lit, History of the US 1
[-] The following 1 user Likes Doodlebabe's post:
  • High_Order1
Thanks for your feedback. I'm trying to juggle the capstone, attempting a PLA, and the two quick study.com courses all at once.
Exam was a cakewalk. 70 questions, most very similar/identical to those on the quizzes. Absolutely recommend taking this if you need a quick, one day (few hours max) course or need to fulfill your oral comm requirement.

Transfer:
 41 credits 

Currently working on: 

Completed:
Study.com: Personal Finance 102, History 108, Psychology 106, Psychology 104, Communications 120, Religion 101

CLEP (free through Modern States): American Government, A+I Lit, American Lit, History of the US 1
Has anybody recently ordered their Study NCCRS transcript using their survey form thing? How long does it take to arrive at TESU? I ordered early last week and TESU hasn't receieved it yet. Though they also didn't tell me that they evaluated my most recent incoming transcript from elsewhere either so I'm assuming the holidays are messing with communication timeliness.

Transfer:
 41 credits 

Currently working on: 

Completed:

I think it took about a week or two for TESU to receive my criminology course. It took less than 25 business days for TESU to evaluated it also.

P.S. you were right, that exam was a cakewalk Smile
The last couple I requested took right at 2 weeks from request until they showed up as received by TESU.
So will this, or will this not fulfill a "general ed" slot, versus a "free elective" slot?
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

(12-14-2017, 04:40 PM)icampy Wrote: So will this, or will this not fulfill a "general ed" slot, versus a "free elective" slot?

As I mentioned a few posts back, my advisor said it would fulfill the oral communications requirement if that hasn't been satisfied. Otherwise, I think it can go in either gen ed or free elective. My experience thus far is they just stick most credits wherever and you can request them to be moved if they can fulfill multiple slots. Example: I had a sociology course previously under free electives that they later moved to gen ed.

Thank you all for the time frame! I appreciate it! :-)

Transfer:
 41 credits 

Currently working on: 

Completed:

TESU said it fulfilled a GenEd Elective. I didn't ask if it would work as a core GenEd.
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,275 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,468 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,576 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 966 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,810 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 549 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 277 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 680 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM