Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
3 credits in quantitative reasoning for $39 (ACE)
(01-13-2019, 04:28 PM)Supermind Wrote: Wonderful! Happy for you. Did you manage to score 100% on every assignment? I believe that is one of the criteria for CSM courses.

I'm pretty sure you cannot move on until you score 100%... its part of the process.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
I decided to try this course after reading about it here. In the first two hour trial. I was up to about 40% - it was actually kind of fun! I'll be interested to see how it transfers into the "Big 3".
MTAW Certified Municipal Treasurer - Wisconsin 
IAAP Certified Administrative Professional
Administrative Professional Associate Degree - Madison College

Next up: Bachelor's Degree 

UPDATE: it might transfer to the big 3. I'm not sure if it does. But it will NOT count as QR requirement for a BSBA degree. It's asked an advisor whether it count for the BSBA or not and they said no it doesn't. They didn't say whether it transferred it all or not, because I didn't ask that or not and I didn't care because I don't need free electives.
(01-15-2019, 01:44 PM)natshar Wrote: UPDATE: it might transfer to the big 3. I'm not sure if it does. But it will NOT count as QR requirement for a BSBA degree. It's asked an advisor whether it count for the BSBA or not and they said no it doesn't. They didn't say whether it transferred it all or not, because I didn't ask that or not and I didn't care because I don't need free electives.

Just an FYI, they probably have no idea if it will or not, because it probably doesn't have a course number associated with it yet.  Unless you actually get the registrar to evaluate it and give it a course number, the advisors won't know how it will count at all, towards any degree.

Since it's a math course, it will come in as a GE elective - not free electives.  So if you need a GE, that's a good option.  For the BALS, it will probably count as QR - so it's worth considering.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • suzycupcake
(01-15-2019, 01:44 PM)natshar Wrote: UPDATE: it might transfer to the big 3. I'm not sure if it does. But it will NOT count as QR requirement for a BSBA degree. It's asked an advisor whether it count for the BSBA or not and they said no it doesn't. They didn't say whether it transferred it all or not, because I didn't ask that or not and I didn't care because I don't need free electives.

If you phrased the question that way, the answer may have just meant that it wouldn't fit in the BSBA AOS. It should, at least count as a GenEd.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(01-15-2019, 03:17 PM)davewill Wrote:

If you phrased the question that way, the answer may have just meant that it wouldn't fit in the BSBA AOS. It should, at least count as a GenEd.

Direct quote from their email:

"The CSM course is not approved for the open Math requirement for your degree. Your evaluation calls for either MAT-119, Quantitative Business Analysis, or MAT-121, College Algebra. You may opt to take either course online here or find an equivalent course to transfer, pending approval."

BTW, I already have the statistics requirement done from a CC course I took four years ago. I have all my gen eds done so I don't need another math courses or Gen ed credits of any kind including electives.
(01-15-2019, 04:03 PM)natshar Wrote: Direct quote from their email:

"The CSM course is not approved for the open Math requirement for your degree. Your evaluation calls for either MAT-119, Quantitative Business Analysis, or MAT-121, College Algebra. You may opt to take either course online here or find an equivalent course to transfer, pending approval."

Did they happen to say what the course equivalency for that course is?  Because if they don't already know what it is, then there's no way they can say whether it will or won't work.

And, I happen to think that it won't work - but I'm not going to say for certain, BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW THE COURSE EQUIVALENCY!!!
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-15-2019, 04:13 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I'm not going to say for certain, BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW THE COURSE EQUIVALENCY!!!

This right here is why you're the best TESU advisor. I hereby decree that your pay is doubled!
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(01-15-2019, 04:19 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:
(01-15-2019, 04:13 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I'm not going to say for certain, BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW THE COURSE EQUIVALENCY!!!

This right here is why you're the best TESU advisor. I hereby decree that your pay is doubled!

I'm NOT a TESU advisor, I'm just a good samaritan on this forum helping people (get a cheap/fast degree at TESU...).

And thank you for that pay raise, I accept!!!  Big Grin  Now, when was payday again?  I keep waiting for those checks to arrive but they never do...
(01-15-2019, 04:23 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-15-2019, 04:19 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:

I'm NOT a TESU advisor, I'm just a good samaritan on this forum helping people (get a cheap/fast degree at TESU...).

And thank you for that pay raise, I accept!!!  Big Grin  Now, when was payday again?  I keep waiting for those checks to arrive but they never do...

What I typed above is the entire e-mail response. I don't know any course equivalency. After I finish this post, I reply to the e-mail and ask for it.

Your pay is now doubled. It was zero before, so zero times two equals zero. Somehow I solved that problem without even taking a QR course! If anyone is getting a raise it should be me...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,725 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 587 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,195 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Salvaging FEMA credits CaughtInTheRye12 6 474 12-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 381 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheapest way to complete CS prerequisites (RA Credits)? therightstuff 18 1,789 11-01-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: therightstuff
  What if my Degree contains too many Transfered Credits from Sophia etc.? ecdw94 19 2,767 10-17-2023, 05:56 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  So... I Asked IU if they accept ACE credits, they do! elcastor21 21 1,647 09-26-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Fast, Self Paced, preferrably cheap RA credits elcastor21 6 869 09-12-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  Are alternative credits only an American thing? mojave 24 2,191 09-08-2023, 04:14 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded