Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$3000 Grant MBA for Walden Tempo
I suspect this is going to be the closest we come to another free term. I have been tracking when the free terms were offered. it's been pretty sporadic for the masters programs but with being bought out they may not offer free terms again. (Not free, a discount over 6 terms) If anyone has been thinking about getting into the Walden Tempo MBA program this is the time to do it. The program is heavy on reading and it's essentially one large individual project per class graded by the professor, called the Subject Matter Expert (SME). The school is regionally accredited, ACBSP accredited, and has one of the highest/best graduate credit acceptance policies. I will be finishing my full MBA for about $4,500. You don't have to feel locked into what they put into the Tempo program outline because of the allowance for transfer credits, which is part of why my MBA will not be too expensive and will have different courses... but also could have been cheaper. Here's the link: https://www.waldenu.edu/online-masters-p...nistration

I'm not sure if more than one offer can be used at a time, I suspect not, but if anyone is looking to get the 25% lifetime savings for the refer-a-friend program, let me know and I will check into it. 

If you have been at Walden for the MBA program before and dropped out, hint... re-apply.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
I checked out the whole page and I don't see anything about the first term being only $65. Is it the "up to" $3000 grant for the MBA, as seen on the grants & scholarships page?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(08-06-2022, 07:59 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I checked out the whole page and I don't see anything about the first term being only $65. Is it the "up to" $3000 grant for the MBA, as seen on the grants & scholarships page?
Does one get the full $3000 scholarship in the first semester?

Attached Files
.jpg   walden.JPG (Size: 54.96 KB / Downloads: 11)
(08-06-2022, 07:59 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I checked out the whole page and I don't see anything about the first term being only $65. Is it the "up to" $3000 grant for the MBA, as seen on the grants & scholarships page?

Yes, exactly. Everything is covered by the $3k grant (tuition and most of the technology fee should be) except $65.

(08-06-2022, 08:15 AM)jb111 Wrote:
Does one get the full $3000 scholarship in the first semester?
I will call on Monday to find out but my guess would be "yes" and that this is probably the replacement for the old free term offer.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
(08-06-2022, 08:30 AM)SweetSecret Wrote:

Yes, exactly. Everything is covered by the $3k grant (tuition and most of the technology fee should be) except $65.

Nice.  How many hours a week do you dedicate (writing vs reading)?  Do you feel you're slower/faster than the average student?  How many 90 day semesters do you think it will take you to complete?  Did you have any classes transfers in?  Sorry for all the questions.  These self-paced programs seem good for someone with no more than an 8-5 job (and a light home situation).  Of course, there are some AMAZING people in this forum that can knock it out with all kinds of responsibility in their life Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like jb111's post:
  • origamishuttle, Vle045
I just asked in chat. It’s NOT given all at once. It’s more like how WGU does it. You get $3,000 total spread out over 6 terms at $500 a term.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • LevelUP
For those curious about Walden, here's a review from a student that completed Walden University’s MS-Psychology program in 1.5 terms (4.5 months).

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...o-Learning

Oh, and my guess on how the $3000 grant works is that it is split over 6 terms as before
(I saw that Vle045 verified this in a chat with Walden rep)

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-Walden-Tempo-Discount-Ends-Today

Math Time (Best case scenario if complete in 2 terms)[/b]
$2,565 1st term ($500 discount)
$2,565 1st term ($500 discount)

$5130 Total cost for Walden vs

$3905 Total Cost for WGU  (If you get a $625 scholarship and complete in 1 term)

Summary

Walden is a good alternative to WGU though if you want speed, I think WGU is the quickest way to go.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Vle045
Can someone verify the life-time savings option of 25% as well? I thought it was 15% tuition the first term and that was it... To boot, it doesn't apply to Tempo either. Someone should email the advising or registrar teams and verify what the deal is...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-06-2022, 10:33 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Can someone verify the life-time savings option of 25% as well?  I thought it was 15% tuition the first term and that was it... To boot, it doesn't apply to Tempo either.  Someone should email the advising or registrar teams and verify what the deal is...
The chat is available now.  They can probably answer that too
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • LevelUP

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 31 25,785 04-25-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: ashkir
  Walden university richlyblessed 7 1,423 01-02-2024, 09:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Using Pell Grant for Graduate Courses while Undergrad SophiaPrincess 2 498 10-19-2023, 02:57 PM
  MBA Programs Walden vs WGU vs Capella blahblahblah88 6 1,536 07-08-2023, 05:10 AM
Last Post: EverSpinning
  would like to talk to anyone who has taken walden university classes (graduate) TINASAM 8 1,525 05-06-2023, 09:46 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Walden University Fast Track PhD feedback Johmford 1 987 01-03-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Walden University MS-Psychology Tempo Learning Supermind 44 10,496 12-28-2022, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Supermind
  Walden psychology ARV095 5 966 12-22-2022, 08:53 AM
Last Post: ARV095
  Walden Tempo Criminal Justice/grad school redheadguy03 6 1,124 10-31-2022, 03:27 AM
Last Post: SweetSecret
Question Walden Tempo MHRM AnnaAK 3 975 03-10-2022, 12:18 PM