Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AAS to Bachelors at UWA?
Hello, long time lurker here. I currently have an A.A.S. in Drafting and Design Technology and I'm looking to complete my Bachelor's online through West Alabama. I initially wanted to do the B.S. in Technology found here , but have no confidence that I can pass the needed PreCal Trig & Business Stats classes. It sucks, but I really struggle with Math. I am now looking at the B.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies found here and and explained here . These appear to be my options for someone with mostly "technical" credits being transferred.

I'd like to get any insight you fine folks might have on options for maximizing alternative credit, as well as thoughts on UWA and if there is an easier way to get past those math requirements for the B.S.. Thanks in advance!
pouncey Wrote:Hello, long time lurker here. I currently have an A.A.S. in Drafting and Design Technology and I'm looking to complete my Bachelor's online through West Alabama. I initially wanted to do the B.S. in Technology found here , but have no confidence that I can pass the needed PreCal Trig & Business Stats classes. It sucks, but I really struggle with Math. I am now looking at the B.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies found here and and explained here . These appear to be my options for someone with mostly "technical" credits being transferred.

I'd like to get any insight you fine folks might have on options for maximizing alternative credit, as well as thoughts on UWA and if there is an easier way to get past those math requirements for the B.S.. Thanks in advance!

Your first step is to ask UWA, if they accept any alternative credit at all. From skimming their webpage and searching for ACE/NCCRS, it doesn't come up. If they do accept ACE/NCCRS, you can take the ALEKS Algebra & Precalculus courses and the Straighterline Business Stats or Study.com Intro to Statistics course.

I looked at the program and the fees, they're similar in requirements with the Big 3 and Competency Based program providers...but they're expensive at 325/credit! That means it's $975/course. If you take courses elsewhere and complete the degree at the Big 3 or Competency Based programs, you'll be out ahead and paying a fraction of that.

I highly doubt they accept ACE/NCCRS credit as most people transfer to them from the community college level. Your other options are asking if they accept CLEP/DSST or even UEXCEL and TECEP exams, one further item you need to ask is "How many credits can you transfer in". If it's 90+, that drops the price significantly.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 300 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Georgetown Coursera Bachelors smartdegree 73 9,831 03-18-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: SilentWarrior
  15 Worst Bachelors - Student Loan Dept bjcheung77 9 886 12-31-2023, 02:45 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Second bachelors for my sister? IceSparkle 22 1,562 09-18-2023, 12:35 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Computing & IT - UK Bachelors Equivalent - £905.00 bjcheung77 15 3,422 05-28-2022, 09:34 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  East Central (OK) Accepts 90 credits transfer for Bachelors bjcheung77 2 764 04-05-2022, 12:46 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  How can I speed up my bachelors? arcangel27 29 2,555 03-15-2022, 03:56 PM
Last Post: arcangel27
  Most common majors (Bachelors) bjcheung77 14 1,640 01-31-2022, 07:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  EdX Bachelors, Masters, Doctorate degree expansion bjcheung77 3 1,117 01-06-2022, 07:07 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Free Bachelors Degrees for Union Member letterchaser202 32 3,885 11-24-2021, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wow