Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
ACCEPTED into Georgia Tech's OMS Cybersecurity!
Today I found out that I have been accepted into the first cohort of Georgia Institute of Technology's new Online Master of Science in Cybersecurity program!! This will be for the Information Security Track (as opposed to their Energy Systems Track or Policy Track). I thought this was a long shot when I applied, especially since they said they were limiting the first round of admissions to 250 students and there was a very large application pool.

Classes start January 7th, and I'm limited to taking two courses at a time. So this will be a much longer program than I'm used to, which might be hard to adjust to after finishing two undergrad degrees in about year or less each.

I'll use this thread as a progress share once I start up, and let everyone know how the program goes.

I'm very excited, even though a little nervous about the caliber of work and having to commit to such a long program.

Go Yellow Jackets!
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Congratulations! That's so exciting that you get to be a part of such a prestigious and innovative program!
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 2 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • jsd, nomaduser
Congratulations!! This is amazing!
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

[-] The following 1 user Likes armstrongsubero's post:
  • jsd
Congratulations! What is the cost for the program, if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 2 users Like mysonx3's post:
  • jsd, nomaduser
(11-01-2018, 07:10 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: Congratulations! What is the cost for the program, if you don't mind me asking?

Just under $10k. My work reimburses up to $5k a year, so since this is a 2 year program it’ll end up being free for me  Big Grin
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 8 users Like jsd's post:
  • cookderosa, dfrecore, Ideas, MahoganySEO, mudball, mysonx3, nomaduser, Pikachu
(11-01-2018, 07:20 PM)jsd Wrote:
(11-01-2018, 07:10 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: Congratulations! What is the cost for the program, if you don't mind me asking?

Just under $10k. My work reimburses up to $5k a year, so since this is a 2 year program it’ll end up being free for me  Big Grin

Nice! Congrats again.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 2 users Like mysonx3's post:
  • jsd, nomaduser
Congrats!!! And free too! Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
[-] The following 1 user Likes alab21's post:
  • jsd
(11-01-2018, 06:28 PM)jsd Wrote: Today I found out that I have been accepted into the first cohort of Georgia Institute of Technology's new Online Master of Science in Cybersecurity program!! This will be for the Information Security Track (as opposed to their Energy Systems Track or Policy Track). I thought this was a long shot when I applied, especially since they said they were limiting the first round of admissions to 250 students and there was a very large application pool.

Classes start January 7th, and I'm limited to taking two courses at a time. So this will be a much longer program than I'm used to, which might be hard to adjust to after finishing two undergrad degrees in about year or less each.

I'll use this thread as a progress share once I start up, and let everyone know how the program goes.

I'm very excited, even though a little nervous about the caliber of work and having to commit to such a long program.

Go Yellow Jackets!

Nice! Congrats!

Taking two courses at a time, but is that per semester or self-paced?

I am considering applying for the OMSCS but I don't want to start a program if it will take two years to complete it. I am leaning toward the WGU MBA or MSML partially because of the fact that I can get both of those done in under a year if I wanted to, or complete one in a few months and be free to start on a multi-year Ph.D. after that if I still have the itch to gain more degrees.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • jsd
(11-01-2018, 06:28 PM)jsd Wrote: Today I found out that I have been accepted into the first cohort of Georgia Institute of Technology's new Online Master of Science in Cybersecurity program!! This will be for the Information Security Track (as opposed to their Energy Systems Track or Policy Track). I thought this was a long shot when I applied, especially since they said they were limiting the first round of admissions to 250 students and there was a very large application pool.

Go Yellow Jackets!

Congratulations!!
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Supermind's post:
  • jsd
Congratulations!!! I look forward to the updates!
WGU BSCSIA (In progress starting Feb 1st 2019)  49/122 credit hours.
PierPont BOG A.A.S 2018

CompTIA A+,Sec+.
SL. Intro to Environmental Science, Intro to Biology.  6 Credit hours.
Brick and Mortar college's 50 RA credits.
Pierpont institutional credit  INFO 2207, INFO 2256, INFO 2305. 9 Credit hours.
Sophia.
 Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict. 2 Credit hours
The Institutes. 312N-H Ethics, 2 credit hours.
Brick and Mortar College. Eng 205 research writing, 3 credit hours.

CLEP. Information Systems, 3 Credit hours.
Stanford Online. America's Poverty and Inequality Course, Statement of accomplishment.  
[-] The following 1 user Likes Life_One's post:
  • jsd

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coursera Illinois Tech MBA Vle045 8 2,358 03-08-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
Question I would like to know if anyone knows Tech University? Yefren 16 1,713 11-28-2023, 04:02 AM
Last Post: datby98
  Graduate program for ITT tech graduate Phdhopeful 12 2,271 09-20-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Accepted into Georgia Tech's Online MSCS program frankc 11 1,633 09-19-2023, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  WGU Master Cybersecurity and Information Assurance Imbanewbie 17 3,396 05-10-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Master of Public Administration and MBA, University of North Georgia JPN 6 946 03-15-2023, 12:17 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Technical Tech University Jerry123 6 1,176 03-15-2023, 12:13 AM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac
  UoPeople Degrees accepted for University of London MSc Computer Science & more? JPN 2 1,257 02-07-2023, 08:43 AM
Last Post: debrag
  LSUS MBA VS La Tech MBA gator1873 13 2,802 02-05-2023, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  TECH Universidad Technologica Popestt 30 7,811 01-24-2023, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Eliablive